shown in other instead.
An AppOculus plugin is used to support the Oculus Rift head-mounted display.
It can be rendered in both the windowed and the full screen mode.
To use the Oculus Rift virtual display with Unigine, perform the following:
- Plug in the Oculus Rift
- Get and configure the Oculus Rift SDK
- Implement the application logic and launch the AppOculus plugin on the application start-up
To launch the plugin, specify the extern_plugin command line option and STEREO_OCULUS define on the start-up:
main_x86d -extern_plugin "AppOculus" -extern_define STEREO_OCULUS
Head-tracking support is available by default.
Full Oculus SDK sources are required for the AppOculus plugin compilation:
- Get the Oculus Rift SDK
- Set path to the <Oculus Rift SDK>/LibOVR folder in the OCULUSROOT environment variable:
OCULUSROOT=<Oculus Rift SDK>/LibOVR
- Compile the plugin with the build script:
You can also compile the plugin manually with Scons:
C:\UnigineSDK\utils>build.py --plugin AppOculus
- Go to the <UnigineSDK>\source\plugins\App\AppOculus via the command line
- Type scons and press ENTER: