shown in other instead.
An AppOculus plugin is used to support the Oculus Rift head-mounted display.
It can be rendered in both the windowed and the full screen mode.
To use the Oculus Rift virtual display with Unigine, perform the following:
- Plug in the Oculus Rift
- Get and configure the Oculus Rift SDK
- Implement the application logic and launch the AppOculus plugin on the application start-up
- engine.oculus functions
- app_oculus_00 sample for additional details
To run the plugin sample from the Unigine SDK Browser, press the AppOculus plugin button on the Plugin Samples tab.
To launch the plugin, specify the extern_plugin command line option and STEREO_OCULUS define on the start-up:
main_x86d -extern_plugin "AppOculus" -extern_define STEREO_OCULUS
Also you can create a new project with Oculus support by checking the Oculus support option on the New Project tab of the Unigine SDK Browser.
Head-tracking support is available by default.
Full Oculus SDK sources are required for the AppOculus plugin compilation:
- Get the Oculus Rift SDK
- Set path to the <Oculus Rift SDK>/LibOVR folder in the OCULUSROOT environment variable:
OCULUSROOT=<Oculus Rift SDK>/LibOVR
- Compile the plugin with the build script:
You can also compile the plugin manually with Scons:
C:\UnigineSDK\utils>build.py --plugin AppOculus
- Go to the <UnigineSDK>\source\plugins\App\AppOculus via the command line
- Type scons and press ENTER: