UNIGINE 2.6: Editor2, Improved Multi-Channel Rendering, Procedural Landscape Generation, VR Template
- Editor 2 (re-written from scratch): faster, better, easier to use
- Assets system
- Improved multi-channel rendering: better sync, C++ API, more features
- Improved CIGI protocol support
- Powerful procedural generation in Landscape Tool: data refinement, tags, roads
- Improved TerrainGlobal
- Materials system refactoring: clean API, easier hierarchy management
- Improved file system
- VR template project
This release could be called “old systems done right”. We gathered feedback from users and decided to improve important stuff before moving to adding more on top. It took months (and even years in the case of Editor 2) of hard work, but we believe it worths the effort.
UNIGINE 2.5: Screen-Space Ray-Traced Global Illumination, Vector Roads API, Landcover Data Support, Superposition Demo
- New Screen-Space Ray-Traced Global Illumination (SSRTGI).
- Screen-space shadows.
- 3D spline system.
- Vector roads API.
- Landcover data support.
- Terrain modification API.
- C++ programming quick start tutorial.
- New Superposition demo with VR features.
- Optimized ObjectTerrainGlobal.
- ObjectCloudLayer improvements.
- Landscape tool optimizations.
- Improved API for geo-referenced vector data manipulations.
- Overall engine improvements and bugfixes.
- Added interactive features into Oil Refinery demo.
- New C# integration samples.
This is primarily a stabilization release, all users are strongly recommended to update.
- New multi-layered clouds with support for regional weather.
- New terrain system optimized for flight simulation.
- Improved simulation of Earth's curvature.
- Optimized Landscape tool.
- API for geo-referenced vector data manipulations.
- Extended functionality of the VR API.
- Added super-sampling rendering for high-quality AA.
- Added support for Oculus Touch controllers.
- Improved renderer: upgraded SSR and SSGI
- New industrial demo: Oil Refinery.
- New terrain demo based on San Jose region.
- Landscape tool optimizations (upto 4x faster, less RAM required)
- Renderer optimizations, including VR ones
- GPGPU (General-purpose GPU) computing via compute shaders
- High-quality DXT texture compression on GPU
- Structured buffers for CPU <-> GPU data transfer
- New Tank demo
- Bugfixes and minor improvements
This is primarily stabilization release.