Warning! This version of documentation is OUTDATED, as it describes an older SDK version! Please switch to the documentation for the latest SDK version.
Warning! This version of documentation describes an old SDK version which is no longer supported! Please upgrade to the latest SDK version.
No language code for this page. You can select other language.
No language code for this page,
shown in other instead.
shown in other instead.
Unigine provides a set of the most demanded materials, so you can inherit them and tweak to implement almost any of your ideas. A full list of built-in materials:
- billboard_base - used for separate billboard objects.
- billboards_base - used to simulate coverings for billboards object.
- billboards_cloud_base - used to simulate small independent billboard clouds.
- decal_base - used to simulate coverings for object and terrain decals.
- decal_deferred_base - used to simulate coverings for deferred decals.
- decal_terrain_base - used to simulate coverings for terrain decals. Supports detail materials.
- grass_base - used to simulate grass.
- grass_impostor_base - used to simulate coverings for impostor objects.
- gui_base - used to simulate coverings for GUI objects.
mesh_base - used to simulate coverings for meshes, dynamic meshes and skinned meshes.
- mesh_indirect_base - used for meshes illuminated with indirect lighting.
- mesh_reflection_2d_base - used for meshes with 2D reflections.
- mesh_reflection_cube_base - used for meshes with cube-mapped reflections.
- mesh_reflection_fresnel_base - used for meshes with Fresnel reflections.
- mesh_chain_base — used to simulate coverings for tracks and chains.
- mesh_layer_base — used for two blended materials.
- mesh_leaf_base - used to simulate leaves.
mesh_lut_base - used for materials with LUT shading.
- mesh_lut_reflection_cube_base - used for materials with LUT shading and cube-mapped reflections.
- mesh_noise_base - used to simulate noise effects.
- mesh_overlap_base - used to simulate overlap effects.
mesh_paint_base - used to simulate car paint covering.
- mesh_paint_reflection_cube_base - used to simulate car paints with cube based reflections.
- mesh_stem_base - used to simulate tree stems.
- mesh_terrain_base - used for terrain meshes.
mesh_tessellation_base - used for tessellated meshes.
- mesh_tessellation_indirect_base - used for tessellated meshes illuminated with indirect lighting.
- mesh_tessellation_reflection_2d_base - used for tessellated meshes with 2D reflections.
- mesh_tessellation_reflection_cube_base - used for tessellated meshes with cube-mapped reflections.
- mesh_tessellation_reflection_fresnel_base used for tessellated meshes with Fresnel reflections.
mesh_tessellation_paint_base - used for tessellated meshes covered with car paints.
- mesh_tessellation_paint_reflection_cube_base - used for tessellated meshes covered with car paints and having cube-mapped reflections.
- mesh_triplanar_base - used as simple texture projections, when UV maps are not used.
- mesh_wire_base - used for thin meshes (such as wires), that will be seen even at large distances.
- particles_base - used for particles.
- render_composite - used for selective post-process effects.
- sky_base - used for sky objects.
- terrain_base - used for terrains.
- volume_cloud_base - used for clouds created via volume boxes.
- volume_fog_base - used for fog created via volume boxes and spheres.
- volume_light_base - used to create visible spheres of light around omni and spot light sources.
- volume_omni_base - used to create a visible light volume around flat light emitters: embedded wall lights, flat ceiling lights, fluorescent lamps, etc.
- volume_proj_base - used to create light beams from directional light sources, such as car headlights, searchlights, beacon lights, etc.
- volume_shaft_base - used to create beams of light falling into a dark room through windows or any other openings.
- water_base - used to simulate water and other liquids.
Postprocess materials - a set of post-process materials:
- post_blur_radial - used to create an effect of radial blur.
- post_filter_antialiasing - applies an anti-aliasing filter.
- post_filter_reflection - used to create image-based reflections.
- post_filter_rgb2rgbl - used to convert a viewport image into a RGBA color space.
- post_filter_rgb2yuv - used to convert a viewport image into a YUV color space.
- post_filter_scattering - creates an effect of subsurface scattering.
- post_filter_sobel - performs edge detection, therefore creating black outlines around edges where color differences in neighboring pixels are detected.
- post_filter_wet - creates an effect of a reflective wet surface, with water flowing down it.
- post_hblur_2d - creates a Gaussian blur effect in a horizontal direction.
- post_vblur_2d - creates a Gaussian blur effect in a vertical direction.
- post_hblur_mask - creates a Gaussian blur effect in a horizontal direction applied to separate materials rather than to the full screen.
- post_vblur_mask - creates a Gaussian blur effect in a vertical direction applied to separate materials rather than to the full screen.
- post_hblur_cube and post_vblur_cube - create a Gaussian blur effect with cube-mapped reflections.
Last update: 2017-07-03
Help improve this article
Was this article helpful?
(or select a word/phrase and press Ctrl+Enter)