shown in other instead.
New Project Generator
A new project with required settings can be created by means of the Unigine SDK Browser.
Creating New Project
To create new project in the SDK Browser, perform the following:
- Open the New Project tab (see the picture below).
- Define the name of the project and choose a path to store project files.
- Choose the required settings.
- Press the Create new project button at the bottom of the page
The settings listed below can be specified for the project.
You can create your project with the GUI-based launcher and console script launchers by choosing the following:
- GUI-based settings configurator is used to create project with the launcher.
- Console script launchers (.bat) with predefined settings is used to create editor, release and debug (if chosen) launchers for the application.
The following files will be placed in the project folder if this setting is chosen:
- launch_debug.bat to launch the debug version of the project (this launcher is created, if the Debug binaries setting is chosen)
- launch_editor.bat to launch the project with the editor.
- launch_release.bat to launch the release version of the project.
Also it is possible to specify the required startup application settings:Startup application settings
Graphics API, which is used for rendering. The following values are available on Windows: DirectX11, DirectX9, OpenGL and no video that means nothing is rendered on the screen (for server mode).DirectX9 and DirectX11 values are not available on Linux and Mac OS X.
Application window resolution.
Whether to always run the application in the full-screen mode or not.You cannot use the full-screen mode in conjunction with the Interface plugin.
Whether to use anti-aliasing or not. To get smoother lines, set one of anti-aliasing degrees: 2x, 4x, 8x.
Whether to set anisotropic texture filtering or not. To set filtering, choose one of the values: 2x, 4x, 8x, 16x.
- Shader quality
Shader quality profile. The available values are the following:
- Low to set low quality of textures and shaders. 1/16 of the original texture will be used.
- Medium to set medium quality of textures and shaders. 1/4 of the original texture will be used.
- High to set high quality of textures and shaders. The original texture will be fully used.
- Stereo 3D
One of the stereo 3D rendering modes.You cannot use stereo 3D rendering modes in conjunction with the Renderer plugin.
Whether to use multi-monitor rendering or not.You cannot use the Monitors setting if the Stereo 3D or Rendering plugin setting is set.
- Renderer plugin
Whether to use the Renderer plugin or not. This pligin allows you to fire world script callbacks on API Renderer callbacks.
- x86 (32 bit) binaries
Create 32-bit release version of the application (_x86 postfix of the binary executable). The x86 libraries and binaries will be copied to the bin directory of the project folder.
- x64 (64 bit) binaries
Create 64-bit release version of the application (_x64 postfix of the binary executable). The x64 libraries and binaries will be copied to the bin directory of the project folder.
- Debug binaries
Create the debug version of the application (d postfix of the binary executable).If the Debug binaries setting is chosen, the debug launcher can be created.
If both x86 and x64 binaries are chosen, the launcher will run the corresponding version of the application depending on the operating system bit rate.
Additional File Formats
Also it is possible to add the following import plugins, which support loading files of additional formats:
You can choose one of the following rendering modes:
- NVIDIA 3DVision stereo 3D (App3DVision plugin)
Render the application onto 1 monitor using NVIDIA 3D Vision technology.The App3DVision plugin is available only on DirectX 9 and DirectX 11 graphics APIs. So it cannot be used on Linux and Mac OS X.
- NVIDIA 3DSurround 3-monitor stereo 3D (App3DSurround plugin)
Render the application across 3 monitors using NVIDIA 3D Vision technology and multiple GPUs.The App3DSurround plugin is available only on DirectX 9 and DirectX 11 graphics APIs. So it cannot be used on Linux and Mac OS X.
- Software rendering (AppLevel plugin)
Render the application without any graphics software. Several monitors are supported.The AppLevel plugin supports only DirectX 11 graphics API. So it cannot be used on Linux and Mac OS X.
- Panoramic rendering with a single output device (AppPanorama plugin)
Render 180 degree panorama on one monitor. Several monitors are also supported.
- Oculus support (AppOculus plugin)
Create project with the Oculus Rift virtual display support.On Linux, there is no head tracking support. On Mac OS X, head tracking is available only for 64-bit application version.
- Multi-projector output with edge blending and non-linear image mapping (AppProjection plugin)
Create a project with the AppProjection plugin. All necessary files are copied and the launcher with the corresponding settings is generated.
- Dual output stereo 3D (AppSeparate plugin)
Output 2 separate images for each eye.The AppSeparate plugin supports only DirectX 9 and DirectX 11 graphics APIs. So it cannot be used on Linux and Mac OS X.
- 3-monitor output (AppSurround plugin)
Render the application across 3 monitors simultaneously.
- Monitor wall (AppWall plugin)
Render the application into the configurable number of monitors.The AppWall plugin is not available on Mac OS X.
This group of settings contains different features that can be added to the project.
- Sound library
Set the sound API for your project. The available values are Auto detection (by default), No sound, OpenAL, XAudio2.
- Multi-window UNIGINE Editor GUI (Interface plugin)
Interface plugin does not support the full-screen mode.
- Float precision coordinates
By default, double precision of coordinates are used in projects created with Unigine Sim SDK. Choose this setting to use float precision of coordinates if required.
- RakNet library integration (Network plugin)
Notice that this setting is available only in Unigine Game SDK.
- Transparent access to resources on a remote server (FileClient plugin)
- GPU frequencies and temperature monitoring (GPUMonitor plugin)
- Plugin for Razer Hydra integration (Sixense plugin)
- Set video_resizable in unigine.cfg.
Enable the ability to change a window size on-the-fly.
- Renderer plugin
Enable the ability to fire world script callbacks on API Renderer callbacks.You cannot use any rendering mode in conjunction with the Renderer plugin.
- Game Framework
Enable to launch the Game Framework in the generated project.