shown in other instead.
A grass_base material is used to create realistic animated grass, plants and flowers. It is applied to ObjectGrass objects.
- Shape - grass geometry.
- Animation - procedural animation.
- Spacer interaction - enable interaction with the WorldSpacer node.
- Color noise - spatial color noise based on a 2D texture.
- Ambient emission - ambient emission and post processing glow.
- Ambient light - disable world light pass.
Specifies the way to render the grass geometry:
- Default - grass quads are rendered as a plain geometry and are turned randomly
- Billboard - grass quads are rendered as billboards that always face the camera
- Clutter - grass quads are rendered as clutter objects lying flat on the ground
Enables animation for objects (e.g. for plants swinging in the wind). Available modes:
- Skip - animation is disabled.
- Default - standard animation is enabled.
- Field - standard animation is enabled. Besides, objects are also influenced by the Field Animation node.
Enabling this option activates additional Animation parameters.
Enables interaction with the Field Spacer node.
Enables color noise, so the objects will be colored differently according to the spacial color noise based on a 2D texture.
Disables a world light pass for grass (if an ambient pass is enabled).
- Diffuse - diffuse texture
Diffuse texture defines the grass shape and color. The texture should contain:
- 4 grass slots in a row
- N number of rows (specified in Num textures field)
Basically, 4 columns represent different types of grass. Each column contains N variants of the same grass (thiner, thicker, tangled etc.) These four columns are masked separately.
Samples of grass diffuse textures
A texture is 4-channeled: RGB values store grass diffuse colors, an alpha (A) channel stores transparency values and specifies how the grass will fade at the distance.
- Spatial noise - spatial color noise texture
- Emission - ambient emission texture
- Lightmap - light map texture
Parameters available for the material. All of the parameters have set default values, which can be replaced by your own ones. Availability of some parameters depends on the set States field values.
Material Editor, Parameters tab.
Auxiliary rendering pass parameters:
- Color - auxiliary rendering pass constant color.
Base material parameters:
A coefficient to scale the inclination of grass blades. By the neutral value of 0.5 the blades are not inclined at all and oriented upwards. Modifying the value leads to changing of the grass angle of inclination.
A coefficient to scale grass shadow offset. The higher the value, the more intense and longer the grass shadow is.
A coefficient to scale grass diffuse texture alpha channel. The higher the value, the bigger areas of a texture are rendered.
- Environment - environment lighting scale
A coefficient to scale a translucency level of the material. The higher the value, the more translucent the material is.
- Scale - lightmap texture scale.
- Transform - spatial noise texture coordinates transformation.
- Scale - spatial noise texture color transformation.