shown in other instead.
A RakNet plugin provides the following functionality for Unigine-based applications out of the box:
- Client/server architecture
- Exchange of time-stamped data through the network
- Synchronization of states between the server and the client
- Statistics about network connection
- LAN server discovery
Network functionality is provided through RakNet, a cross-platform C++ game networking engine, which is integrated into Unigine framework. (See details).
How to Load Network Plugin
To dynamically load the Network plugin, the following is required:
- Network library of the same bitness/debug version as Unigine executable (for example, libNetwork_x86d.so).
- RakNet library of the same version (for example, libRakNet_x86d.so).
- Define the following command by the engine start-up or in the launcher:
Here, you can define path to the Network module (without any prefixes or postfixes): relative to the executable or an absolute one.
main_x86d -extern_plugin Network
Articles in This Section
- Network API