shown in other instead.
MeshImport is a tool for converting formats of geometry and animation data.
MeshImport tool is used:
- to convert meshes of external formats to Unigine-supported mesh formats.
- to upgrade the Unigine-based project meshes, which are outdated, to the up-to-date mesh formats.
You can use the Unigine upgrade script for batch upgrading of the outdated meshes.
To invoke MeshImport, run meshimport_x86.exe (in Windows), meshimport_x86 (in Linux) or meshimport_x86.macos (in Mac OS X) from the command line (the Windows command prompt and the Linux/Mac OS X Terminal) (the 64-bit version has x64 postfix).
- Under Windows, type at the command prompt:
meshimport_x86.exe OPTIONS FILE
- Under Linux, type into the Terminal:
meshimport_x86 OPTIONS FILE
- Under Mac OS X, type into the Terminal:
meshimport_x86.macos OPTIONS FILE
MeshImport recognizes the following command-line options:
— name of the output file.
If the -o option is not specified, the default file extensions are used:
Only skinned meshes of the MD5MESH, MD5ANIM, MD5B and ANIMB formats can be converted to the SMESH or SANIM formats. If the -o option is not specified, skinned meshes of this formats are converted to the SMESH.
- For a static mesh, the output file has the input file name and the .mesh extension.
- For a skinned mesh the output file has the input file name and the .smesh extension.
- -s SCALE — scale a mesh. The default is 1.0, no scaling. The option value is float.
- -tx VALUE — translate a mesh along X axis. The option value is a float number.
- -ty VALUE — translate a mesh along Y axis. The option value is a float number.
- -tz VALUE — translate a mesh along Z axis. The option value is a float number.
- -f — flip Y and Z mesh axes.
Input Data Formats
The following formats of geometry and animation data can be converted by MeshImport:
- 3ds Max (3DS)
- LightWave Objects (LWO)
- Wavefront (OBJ)
- ASCII Scene Export (ASE)
- COLLADA (DAE)
- Quake 3 level model (BSP)
- Doom 3 level model (MAP)
- Quake 2 level model (MD2)
- Doom 3 skinned model (MD5MESH)
- Doom 3 animation (MD5ANIM)
- QuakeWars skinned model (MD5B)
- QuakeWars animation (ANIMB)
Output Data Formats
The following output formats are supported:
- Unigine mesh (MESH)
- Unigine skinned mesh (SMESH)
- Unigine animation for skinned mesh (SANIM)
Convert an External Mesh
Let's suppose that you want to convert a mesh called mesh.obj to the Unigine-supported data format. If it is located, for example, in the D:\my_project\external_meshes folder, you need to invoke MeshImport as follows:
D:\my_project\external_meshes\mesh.obj -> D:\my_project\external_meshes\mesh.mesh
meshimport_x86.exe "D:\my_project\meshes\my_mesh1.obj" "D:\my_project\meshes\my_mesh2.obj"
Upgrade an Outdated Mesh
Assuming that you need to upgrade the Unigine outdated mesh called my_mesh.mesh to the up-to-date mesh format. For example, if the file is located in the D:\my_project\meshes folder, then you need to invoke MeshImport as follows:
meshimport_x86.exe "D:\my_project\meshes\my_mesh1.mesh" "D:\my_project\meshes\my_mesh2.mesh"