shown in other instead.
UNIGINE engine is a fully-featured 3D platform designed for creation of interactive virtual worlds with a photo-realistic quality. This powerful and extremely flexible solution is used for game development, real-time simulation (military, transportation, training, etc.) and visualization (architecture, media installations, etc.). UNIGINE provides quick and easy solutions for starting, developing and releasing of your projects.
UNIGINE provides support for Windows, Linux and Mac OS X and features multi-API renderer (DirectX 11 / OpenGL).
For more details, see hardware requirements.
The UNIGINE image generator provides a near-photorealistic rendering of visual scenes based on sophisticated shading (with support for the most advanced Shader Model 5.0).
- Hardware tessellation
- Configurable forward and deferred rendering
- Hierarchical built-in materials system
- Stereo rendering
- Multi-monitor rendering
- GLSL and HLSL languages for custom shaders
Built-in scene manager is designed for handling virtual worlds of unprecedented scale.
- Sectors / portals system for optimization of complex indoor scenes
- Vegetation generation
UNIGINE provides a set of built-in objects allowing you to create a world containing practically all of the objects organizing a real life scene:
- World Objects are invisible nodes used for world management
- Sound Objects represent sound sources and reverberations
- Pathfinding Objects represent objects used for pathfinding
|Articulated parts can be controlled programmatically by means of our C++ API or UnigineScript code or via visual configuration (our Skinner tool). There is also support for importing skinned mesh animation from different standard formats.|
Multi-channel audio system with support for:
|Any AI agent can use our built-in 2D/3D pathfinding module, featuring dynamic obstacle management, and deferred route detection.|
Graphical User Interface
There are several ways to implement GUIs in UNIGINE-powered applications:
- Native GUI (comprehensive set of widgets with 2D/3D effects and localization support)
- Integration into Qt applications
Flexible Scripting Systems
Developers have freedom to choose among powerful UNIGINE APIs:
Input and Output Systems
UNIGINE Sim handles various user input schemes:
- Standard PC keyboard and mouse
- Multi-touch screen
- Gamepad or joystick
- Head tracker
- 6DOF positioning device
There is also our C++ API for adding custom devices.
High Level Systems
UNIGINE provides a set of high-level systems for fast and convenient content creation and optimization: