shown in other instead.
Oculus Rift Output with AppOculus Plugin
An AppOculus plugin is used to support the Oculus Rift head-mounted display. The following HMD types are supported:
- Oculus Rift DK1
- Oculus Rift HD prototype
- Oculus Rift DK2
It can be rendered in both the windowed and the full screen mode.
To use the Oculus Rift virtual display with Unigine, perform the following:
- Plug in the Oculus Rift.
- Get and configure the Oculus Rift SDK or Oculus Runtime.
- Implement the application logic and launch the AppOculus plugin on the application start-up.
- engine.oculus functions
- app_oculus_00 sample for additional details
- OVR_CAPI.h File Reference
- The Oculus Best Practices document and the Oculus Developer Guide document that can be downloaded from the official web site.
To run the plugin sample from the Unigine SDK Browser, press the AppOculus plugin button on the Plugin Samples tab.
To launch the plugin, specify the extern_plugin command line option and STEREO_OCULUS define on the start-up:
main_x86d -extern_plugin "AppOculus" -extern_define STEREO_OCULUS
Also you can create a new project with Oculus support by checking the Oculus support option on the New Project tab of the Unigine SDK Browser.
Head-tracking support is available by default.
The following CLI options can be specified on the application start-up:
- oculus_device - ID of the connected device. The default value is 0.
- oculus_density - the render target pixel density. In other words, this is the ratio of the number of render target pixels to display pixels at the center of distortion. The default value is 1.0 (the render target pixel density matches the display surface at the point on the display).
- oculus_scale - the world scale. The default value is 1.0.
main_x86d -extern_plugin "AppOculus" -extern_define STEREO_OCULUS -oculus_device 0 -oculus_density 1.0 -oculus_scale 8.0
Full Oculus SDK sources are required for the AppOculus plugin compilation:
- Get the Oculus Rift SDK
The 0.6 version is required.
- Set path to the <Oculus Rift SDK>/LibOVR folder in the OCULUSROOT environment variable:
OCULUSROOT=<Oculus Rift SDK>/LibOVR
- Compile the plugin with the build script:
You can also compile the plugin manually with Scons:
C:\UnigineSDK\utils>build.py --plugin AppOculus
- Go to the <UnigineSDK>\source\plugins\App\AppOculus via the command line
- Type scons and press ENTER: