shown in other instead.
Panoramic Rendering with AppPanorama Plugin
AppPanorama plugin makes it is possible to render impressive 180 degree panoramas on one monitor. To increase the total resolution of the rendered image, this viewport can be spanned across several monitors, if required.
Rendering Modes of AppPanorama
The following rendering modes are supported:
- Panorama with curved edges
- Linear panorama without distortion at the edges
- Fisheye (spherical panorama)
How AppPanorama Works
AppPanorama seamlessly stitches four viewports into one for extra-wide field of view. Images are overlapped and blended along the border shown below.
To launch the application in one of the panoramic views:
- Specify an engine plugin library (lib/AppPanorama_*) together with the rest of required start-up arguments (such as rendering API, window size, etc.). For example:
You can use 32-bit, 64-bit, debug or release versions of the library. (The engine automatically loads the appropriate version of the library depending on the specified main application.)
main_x86 -extern_plugin AppPanorama
- To change a rendering mode, specify -mode CLI option:
- panorama (by default)
- fisheye (requires a square aspect ratio; otherwise, it will be cut)
main_x86 -extern_plugin AppPanorama -mode linear
- If necessary, override the default overlap boder size via -border CLI option (this option affects the performance). It is possible to set a value within [0;1) range.
- By the minimum value of 0, there is no seam correction between viewports.
- By the maximum value of 1, the overlap area of each viewport equals half of its size.
- The default is 0.1.
It is also possible to span AppPanorama across several identical monitors (only) in the fullscreen mode without decorations. For that, you need to specify on the start-up:
- The summed resolution of two displays (for example, for two 1280x1024 displays, that would be 2560x1024)
- video_fullscreen 2
For example (do not forget to specify other required start-up options):
main_x86.exe -video_mode -1 -video_width 2560 -video_height 1024 -video_fullscreen 2