shown in other instead.
Oculus Rift Output with AppOculus Plugin
An AppOculus plugin is used to support the Oculus Rift head-mounted display. The plugin supports all HMD types supported by Oculus Rift SDK.
The AppOculus plugin provides the VR mode that allows for rendering to both the Oculus Rift head-mounted display and the PC display. When the VR mode is disabled, the image is rendered only to the PC display. The mode can be toggled by using the engine.oculus.setEnabled() function.
Both the windowed and the full screen modes are supported. On the PC display the image is rendered as follows:
To use the Oculus Rift virtual display with Unigine, perform the following:
- Plug in the Oculus Rift.
- Get and configure the Oculus Rift SDK or Oculus Runtime.
- Implement the application logic and launch the AppOculus plugin on the application start-up.
- engine.oculus functions
- app_oculus_00 sample for additional details
- OVR_CAPI.h File Reference
- The Oculus Best Practices document and the Oculus Developer Guide document that can be downloaded from the official web site.
To run the plugin sample from the Unigine SDK Browser, go to the Samples tab, choose UnigineScript -> App and run the app_oculus_00 sample.
To launch the plugin, specify the extern_plugin command line option on the start-up:
main_x86d -extern_plugin "AppOculus"
Head-tracking support is available by default.
The following CLI options can be specified on the application start-up:
- oculus_density - the render target pixel density. In other words, this is the ratio of the number of render target pixels to display pixels at the center of distortion. The default value is 1.0 (the render target pixel density matches the display surface at the point on the display).
- oculus_scale - the world scale. The default value is 1.0.
main_x86d -extern_plugin "AppOculus" -oculus_device 0 -oculus_density 1.0 -oculus_scale 8.0
Full Oculus SDK sources are required for the AppOculus plugin compilation:
- Get the Oculus Rift SDK
The 0.8 version is required.
- Set path to the <Oculus Rift SDK>/LibOVR folder in the OCULUSROOT environment variable:
OCULUSROOT=<Oculus Rift SDK>/LibOVR
- Compile the plugin with the build script:
You can also compile the plugin manually with Scons:
C:\UnigineSDK\utils>build.py --plugin AppOculus
- Go to the <UnigineSDK>\source\plugins\App\AppOculus via the command line
- Type scons and press ENTER: