shown in other instead.
UnigineScript is a programming language used in Unigine engine and introduced by UNIGINE Corp. for optimizing a project creation process. It is similar to C++ in syntax, but includes some additional features.
You can read more about syntactical differences between UnigineScript and C++.
The purpose of UnigineScript is to make coding easy-to-use even for junior programmers and at once provide the most optimal engine usage.
Why use UnigineScript?
- Close to zero compile time, therefore increased iteration speed
- Automatic memory manager with garbage collection
- Object-oriented programming
- Built-in fast 3D mathematics
- Easy interaction with C++ code
- Large built-in library (more than 5000 functions)
Which platforms have UnigineScript?
All the platforms supported by Unigine engine (Windows, Linux, Mac OS X), no recompilation is required.
What does an UnigineScript program creating process look like?
UnigineScript program can be written by using a plain text editor.
There are two ways of running UnigineScript programs:
- Via built-in UnigineScript run-time (by running an engine instance)
- Via any standalone CLI interpreter (usc) – the same way as .bat/.sh/.py scripts work
How do I get started with UnigineScript?
First you have to learn how to program in UnigineScript. Read The Language information and try tutorial. You probably will need an information about Core and Engine Libraries, High-Level Script and Script Debugging for extend UnigineScript features.
Learn about UnigineScript Programming Language, find out how to start writing programs in UnigineScript, work through the information and get from Novice to Expert.
Articles in This Section
- The Language
- Structure of a Program
- Data Types
- Control Statements
- Scope. Namespaces
- Object Oriented Programming
- Interface Class
- Preprocessor Directives
- Language Features
- High-Level Systems
- Basic Utilities
- Input System
- Character System
- KeyLine System
- Dialogs Script
- Game Framework
- Editor Plugin
- Function Library
- Framework System Script
- Framework World Script
- City Traffic
- Usage Examples