shown in other instead.
Adding Materials to Cars
This article is a tutorial that will help you to assign random materials to your car into City Traffic. It is assumed that you have already imported a car to City Traffic by using this article.
To assign a random material to a car, you should create different materials and create a property. Your materials can be inherited from different base materials and assigned by using a property
- It is supposed that you already have an exported 3D model of a car, 3D model of wheels and necessary textures.
- It is supposed that City Traffic has been already installed.
- It is supposed that you have already created materials for your cars.
To assign materials to a car by using a property you should create them. We suppose that you created materials by following instructions of the How to Inherit a Material section of the Hierarchy and Inheritance tutorial.
Creating a Property
This section shows how to create a new property for a car to assign two different materials to the surfaces of a car.
- Open the Properties window in City Traffic by pressing O or click Windows -> Properties on the Menu bar.
- Choose the car_colors property and click the Inherit property button.
- In the window that opens, specify the name of the property.
- Choose the created property and click the Inherit property button to create a child property.
This property will contain child properties for each surface of a car. The engine will take this parent property and assign all the materials that you specified in the children properties.
- Create a new child property for each surface which material you want to be changed.
- Specify Material and Surface in the Parameters tab for each property.
When you set the parameter for the parent node, child nodes change their default properties automatically.
- Click the Save properties button to save all the changes.
Assigning Property to a Car
After creating the property, you need to assign it to the car entity to City Traffic. To assign the property you should do the following:
- Open the Game Framework plugin window by clicking Plugins -> Game Framework.
- In the window that opened, choose created car entity.
- Select the Entity Fields tab, and fill the Color Base Property with the name of the created property.
- Click the Save Game button and launch the level.