Stars Generator for Billboards
Stars generator allows for creating a starry night sky, with stars drawn fast on Billboards. It is found on Billboards node → Stars tab.
Billboards with stars
How to Create Stars Billboards
To create stars billboards, follow these steps:
- Add Billboards node.
- On the Billboards tab of the Parameters window, go to the Stars section and specify a FK5 stars catalog (the Fifth Fundamental Catalogue) in the Catalog field.
- Make sure that the Radius of the created sphere with stars is not bigger than the camera's far clipping plane (Camera Settings → Far clipping). Otherwise, stars will not be seen.
- Click Generate button to create billboards.
- Click Texture button and choose a location to save a texture atlas with stars.
- Create a material for billboards with stars:
- Inherit a material from billboards_base_stars and assign it to ObjectBillboards.
- Go to Textures tab of the Parameters window and load a diffuse texture: select the previously saved stars texture.
- After changing any parameter in the star generator, click Generate to reload the diffuse texture.
|Count||The maximum number of billboards to create. If there are fewer stars in the loaded catalog, fewer billboards will be created.|
|Radius||Radius of the sphere with stars billboards.|
|Angle||The angular diameter of stars:
|Catalog||Load a FK5 stars catalog.|
|Latitude||Latitude of the point to view the star sky from.|
|Longitude||Longitude of the point to view the star sky from.|
|Location||Choose a city to view the star sky from.|
|Generate||Generate stars billboards and reload the diffuse texture, if it is set in the Material settings.|
|Texture||Save an atlas texture for stars billboards based on the loaded catalog.|
Last update: 2018-06-04