shown in other instead.
A player actor is a player with a rigid physical body, which is approximated with a capsule and has physical properties. Unlike all other players that can move in any direction, the player actor can only walk on the ground.
- When changing the theta angle, the vertical view direction of the player actor changes.
- When changing the phi angle, the horizontal view direction and the basis of the player actor change.
By default, the player is positioned in the center of the capsule it is approximated with. To change the position of the player inside the capsule (in other words - set the position of the player's head), use the setOffset()function.
If you need a player actor to go up and down a staircase smoothly, without getting stuck on each stair, you should carefully adjust the radius of the capsule that approximates the player. Or you can approximate the staircase with a plane: in this case, the capsule can be of any radius.
The height of the player's capsule should also be set correctly to avoid getting stuck in a doorway.
- A PlayerActorclass to edit players via UnigineScript
- A set of samples located in the data/samples/players/ folder:
When a player actor is not simulated as a rigid body, a simple dummy body with a capsule shape is used to calculate collisions:
- All contacts with the shape are found.
- The player actor is pushed out of objects it collided with along the contact normal (the global penetration factor is also taken into account here). Effectively, it's a sum of all normal vectors of found contacts.
- The velocity change is calculated: the initial velocity vector is projected onto each contact normal (the dot product is calculated) and the result is subtracted from the initial velocity.
Editing Player Actor