shown in other instead.
Objects are the major building blocks that construct the world. They are a stage settings for representing the visual idea and should be carefully placed to provide compositional coherence and deliver the holistic experience from the scene. Objects can be of the following types:
- Dummy object is an invisible object that can have a body assigned. It is usually used as a root object or a connecting object.
- Static mesh is an object that represents a collection of vertices, edges and faces defining the object's geometry. It is usually used to add non-animated meshes to the world.
- Skinned mesh is an object that can contain both mesh geometry (vertices, edges and triangular faces organized in polygons) and animation data. It is usually used for rendering characters with a bone-based animation or a morph target animation (also known asblend shapes).
- Dynamic mesh is an object that represents a collection of vertices, edges and triangular faces (organized inpolygons) defining the object's geometry that can be modified procedurally.
- Mesh cluster is an object that can contain a great number of identical meshes, which can be scattered either automatically or each mesh can have custom position, rotation and scale.
- Mesh clutter is an object that can contain a great number of identical meshes. Unlike cluster meshes, clutter meshes are always positioned, oriented and scaled randomly and cannot be managed manually.
- Terrain is a 2D grid based on a height map. It is used to create complex and naturally diverse landscapes such as planes, hills and mountains. (For such relief features as overhangs and caves use static meshes).
- Water is a prepared object simulating different liquids.
- Sky is an object represented as an upper hemisphere, tiled with a texture producing realistic dynamic clouds.
- Grass is a common object for vegetation simulation.
- Billboards are rectangular flat objects that always face the camera.
- GUI objects are flat or mesh-based graphical elements, which can have variouswidgets assigned.