NVIDIA 3D Vision Output with App3DVision Plugin
An App3DVision plugin is used to render the application onto the 1 monitor using NVIDIA 3D Vision technology. 3D Vision requires to run the application in the fullscreen mode. Windowed mode is rendered in the non-stereoscopic mode.
- The App3DVision plugin is available only on DirectX 11 graphics API. So it can be used under Windows only.
- This plugin cannot be used in a Qt-based application.
The App3DVision plugin requires 3D Vision-compatible monitor and graphics card, plus active shutter glasses (or red-cyan anaglyph glasses).
To run your application in 3D Vision mode, make sure that it is supported by a graphics card. Stereoscopic 3D should be enabled on the driver lever:
- Click on the desktop with the right mouse button.
- Open NVIDIA Control panel.
- Go to Stereoscopic 3D → Set up stereoscopic 3D.
- Click Enable stereoscopic 3D settings and follow the setup wizard.
To use the plugin, specify the extern_plugin command line option and STEREO_3D_VISION define on the application start-up:
main_x86d -extern_plugin "App3DVision" -extern_define STEREO_3D_VISION
Also you can create a new project with NVIDIA 3DVision support by checking the NVIDIA 3DVision stereo 3D option in the New Project tab of the UNIGINE SDK Browser.