shown in other instead.
NormalCombiner is a simple tool used to combine two normal maps with the correct vector summation. This cannot be done right in traditional 2D editors due to a representation of normal components when they are stored in color channels.
A normal can have negative components as well as positive ones. Therefore, its zero is offset by 128:
- Values from 0 to 127 are considered negative,
- 128 represents zero,
- Values from 128 to 255 are considered positive.
Combining two normal maps is very simple:
NormalCombiner can preview normal textures in two display modes. To switch between them, choose the mode in the drop-down list in the upper left corner of a window.
Supported File Formats#
Supported formats of textures:
- Targa (.tga)
- Portable Network Graphics (.png)
- JPEG (.jpg)
- Photoshop Document (.psd)
- Direct Draw Surface (.dds)
- Portable Pixmap (.ppm)
- Portable Graymap (.pgm)
- High Dynamic Range (.hdr)
- Silicon Graphics Image (.sgi)