Volume sphere has adjustable radii along three axes, so it can take a shape of an ellipsoid. Spheres are used to create:
- Fog haze or mist that hides objects behind it. If spheres with fog intersect, denser fog is created.
- Spheres of light around point light sources, for example, a bulb or a candle. These spheres are visible when the light illuminates dust and other particles floating in the air. A light material is always rendered as a regular sphere.
Creating a Sphere Object#
To create a Sphere object, perform the following steps:
- On the Menu bar, click Create -> Volume -> Sphere.
- Place the Sphere object somewhere in the world.
- Specify the Sphere object parameters.
On the Volume Sphere tab of the Parameters window, you can adjust the following parameters of the volume sphere:
|Edit Size||Toggles the editing mode for the volume sphere node. When enabled, the volume sphere can be resized along the axes: each axis is highlighted with the colored circle. To change the radius along the axis, drag the corresponding circle.
|Radius||Scale of the sphere along X, Y and Z axes respectively.
If a volume light material is assigned to a sphere, it cannot be of an ellipsoid shape. A sphere is rendered based only on the X-axis Radius value. If its radii along Y or Z axes are smaller, then the object is cut along them.