shown in other instead.
A volume_shaft_base material is used to create beams of light falling into a dark room through windows or any other openings. In case colored glass is used for windows, beams also will be colored.
This material is applied only to Volume boxes.
The volume_shaft_base material has the following states.
This state determines if the intensity of light shafts reduces depending on height. By default this state is disabled. This state enables the Falloff parameter.
Camera position based
This state determines if light shafts are to be rendered relative to current camera position. By default this state is disabled. This state enables the Radius parameter.
- Diffuse - Determines the diffuse color multiplier for light shafts.
- Power - Determines overall intensity. By the minimum value of 1 the border of the light rays is smoooth. The higher the value the sharper is the border of light rays.
- Multiplier - Determines the density scale of the environment.
- Falloff - Determines the reduction of intensity of light rays depending on height.This parameter is available only when the Height state is enabled.
- Radius - Determines the visibility distance of the rays, measured from the camera position, in meters. This parameter is available only when the Camera position based state is enabled.
- Rays jitter - Determines smoothness of light rays. The higher the value, the smoother the rays.
- Step jitter This parameter can be used to remove banding effect and make the rays look smoother. The higher the value, the smoother the rays.
- Bias .
- Samples - Number of depth samples used. The more samples, the higher is the quality. To increase performance, use low Sample values.