- Round Earth according to geo-coordinates
- Completely revamped Landscape tool, improved its usability (experimental)
- Updated terrain materials: metalness workflow, no limit on the number of layers and materials
- HTC Vive support
- Metalness workflow by default
- Reworked depth of field (DoF) effect
- Configurable TAA
- Improved support for screen-space raytraced reflections
- Implemented GGX mipmaps
- Global illumination effect by box projection for EnvironmentProbe
- Bow/stern ship wake waves
- Shoreline with physics interaction
- Improved underwater rendering: added caustics and light shafts
- Experimental new editor with completely new UI and integrated assets browser
- API improvements: C# mathlib, better callbacks, topology methods, and more
- New video tutorials
- New orbits demo
- Water improvements (bigger waves, better reflections, better underwater mode)
- Support for Oculus CV1 (consumer version)
- Introducing export to FBX
- Improved SimLights add-on
- Other improvements and minor bugfixes
This release is mostly stabization one, however, it also brings some nice features.
- New simulation-friendly water with geometric waves (Beaufort scale 0-12)
- Introduced tiled rendering optimizations
- Introduced area lights
- Planar reflections
- Improved shadows
- Unified C++/C#/UnigineScript API with full access to the engine features
- New C++/C# app logic system
- Improved Qt integration template
- Support for Visual Studio 2015
- Upgraded Oculus plugin to 0.8 Oculus SDK
- Improved accuracy of geodetic math
- Introduced GeodeticPivot object (experimental)
- Editable demos via SDK Browser
- SimLights add-on for airfield lights
- New Oil Rig demo
- Added Port Angeles demo
- Improved UUSL consistency
- Extended C++/C# API
- Added Grass and Clutter samples
This is mainly a maintenance release.
- Improved atmospheric light scattering: easy setup, more predictable visuals, better quality.
- Increased depth buffer precision.
- Rendering performance optimizations.
- Improved antialiasing quality.
- Introduced ObjectText.
- Support for OS X El Capitan.
- Support for a single licensing server instance per LAN with auto-discovery.
- "Assemble project" feature in SDK Browser.
- Support for both release and debug engine builds in the editor.
- Introduced new set of samples.
- A lot of bugfixes.