- New orbits demo
- Water improvements (bigger waves, better reflections, better underwater mode)
- Support for Oculus CV1 (consumer version)
- Introducing export to FBX
- Improved SimLights add-on
- Other improvements and minor bugfixes
This release is mostly stabization one, however, it also brings some nice features.
- New simulation-friendly water with geometric waves (Beaufort scale 0-12)
- Introduced tiled rendering optimizations
- Introduced area lights
- Planar reflections
- Improved shadows
- Unified C++/C#/UnigineScript API with full access to the engine features
- New C++/C# app logic system
- Improved Qt integration template
- Support for Visual Studio 2015
- Upgraded Oculus plugin to 0.8 Oculus SDK
- Improved accuracy of geodetic math
- Introduced GeodeticPivot object (experimental)
- Editable demos via SDK Browser
- SimLights add-on for airfield lights
- New Oil Rig demo
- Added Port Angeles demo
- Improved UUSL consistency
- Extended C++/C# API
- Added Grass and Clutter samples
This is mainly a maintenance release.
- Improved atmospheric light scattering: easy setup, more predictable visuals, better quality.
- Increased depth buffer precision.
- Rendering performance optimizations.
- Improved antialiasing quality.
- Introduced ObjectText.
- Support for OS X El Capitan.
- Support for a single licensing server instance per LAN with auto-discovery.
- "Assemble project" feature in SDK Browser.
- Support for both release and debug engine builds in the editor.
- Introduced new set of samples.
- A lot of bugfixes.
The UNIGINE 2 stable release is finally available, incorporating more than 1.5 years of major technology improvements. Please see the details on its features on the renewed unigine.com.
Key Changes from 2.0 RC
- Fully deferred renderer by default.
- Performance optimizations.
- Added high-quality temporal anti-aliasing (TAA), enabled by default.
- Added high-quality environment probes for dynamic reflections.
- Improved quality of effects: SSAO, motion blur, bloom.
- Unified and improved decals.
- Improved workflow for transparent materials.
- Introduced simulation of optical sensors in the EO or IR passband.
- More artist-friendly materials with easier setup.
- Faster data streaming greatly increasing FPS stability and improving synchronization between IG channels.
- Improved CAVE support.
- Added support for DIS/HLA/C2 standard protocols.
- Improved native support for Oculus DK2.
- Improved Quad Buffered Stereo support.
- Better performance profiling tools.
- Easier graphical debugging.
- Added support for Perception Neuron wireless motion capture system.
- Added support for ARTTRACK motion capture API.
- Extended C++ and C# APIs.
- More consistent console commands.
- UnigineEditor has been migrated to Qt widgets (native look and feel, faster).
- Experimental asset browser.
- Improved FBX format support.
- Introduced Video Grabber tool.
- Countless bugfixes.