- New multi-layered clouds with support for regional weather.
- New terrain system optimized for flight simulation.
- Improved simulation of Earth's curvature.
- Optimized Landscape tool.
- API for geo-referenced vector data manipulations.
- Extended functionality of the VR API.
- Added super-sampling rendering for high-quality AA.
- Added support for Oculus Touch controllers.
- Improved renderer: upgraded SSR and SSGI
- New industrial demo: Oil Refinery.
- New terrain demo based on San Jose region.
- Landscape tool optimizations (upto 4x faster, less RAM required)
- Renderer optimizations, including VR ones
- GPGPU (General-purpose GPU) computing via compute shaders
- High-quality DXT texture compression on GPU
- Structured buffers for CPU <-> GPU data transfer
- New Tank demo
- Bugfixes and minor improvements
This is primarily stabilization release.
- Round Earth according to geo-coordinates
- Completely revamped Landscape tool, improved its usability (experimental)
- Updated terrain materials: metalness workflow, no limit on the number of layers and materials
- HTC Vive support
- Metalness workflow by default
- Reworked depth of field (DoF) effect
- Configurable TAA
- Improved support for screen-space raytraced reflections
- Implemented GGX mipmaps
- Global illumination effect by box projection for EnvironmentProbe
- Bow/stern ship wake waves
- Shoreline with physics interaction
- Improved underwater rendering: added caustics and light shafts
- Experimental new editor with completely new UI and integrated assets browser
- API improvements: C# mathlib, better callbacks, topology methods, and more
- New video tutorials
- New orbits demo
- Water improvements (bigger waves, better reflections, better underwater mode)
- Support for Oculus CV1 (consumer version)
- Introducing export to FBX
- Improved SimLights add-on
- Other improvements and minor bugfixes
This release is mostly stabization one, however, it also brings some nice features.
- New simulation-friendly water with geometric waves (Beaufort scale 0-12)
- Introduced tiled rendering optimizations
- Introduced area lights
- Planar reflections
- Improved shadows
- Unified C++/C#/UnigineScript API with full access to the engine features
- New C++/C# app logic system
- Improved Qt integration template
- Support for Visual Studio 2015
- Upgraded Oculus plugin to 0.8 Oculus SDK
- Improved accuracy of geodetic math
- Introduced GeodeticPivot object (experimental)
- Editable demos via SDK Browser
- SimLights add-on for airfield lights
- New Oil Rig demo