UNIGINE 2.5: Screen-Space Ray-Traced Global Illumination, Vector Roads API, Landcover Data Support, Superposition Demo
- New Screen-Space Ray-Traced Global Illumination (SSRTGI).
- Screen-space shadows.
- 3D spline system.
- Vector roads API.
- Landcover data support.
- Terrain modification API.
- C++ programming quick start tutorial.
- New Superposition demo with VR features.
- Optimized ObjectTerrainGlobal.
- ObjectCloudLayer improvements.
- Landscape tool optimizations.
- Improved API for geo-referenced vector data manipulations.
- Overall engine improvements and bugfixes.
- Added interactive features into Oil Refinery demo.
- New C# integration samples.
This is primarily a stabilization release, all users are strongly recommended to update.
- New multi-layered clouds with support for regional weather.
- New terrain system optimized for flight simulation.
- Improved simulation of Earth's curvature.
- Optimized Landscape tool.
- API for geo-referenced vector data manipulations.
- Extended functionality of the VR API.
- Added super-sampling rendering for high-quality AA.
- Added support for Oculus Touch controllers.
- Improved renderer: upgraded SSR and SSGI
- New industrial demo: Oil Refinery.
- New terrain demo based on San Jose region.
- Landscape tool optimizations (upto 4x faster, less RAM required)
- Renderer optimizations, including VR ones
- GPGPU (General-purpose GPU) computing via compute shaders
- High-quality DXT texture compression on GPU
- Structured buffers for CPU <-> GPU data transfer
- New Tank demo
- Bugfixes and minor improvements
This is primarily stabilization release.
- Round Earth according to geo-coordinates
- Completely revamped Landscape tool, improved its usability (experimental)
- Updated terrain materials: metalness workflow, no limit on the number of layers and materials
- HTC Vive support
- Metalness workflow by default
- Reworked depth of field (DoF) effect
- Configurable TAA
- Improved support for screen-space raytraced reflections
- Implemented GGX mipmaps
- Global illumination effect by box projection for EnvironmentProbe
- Bow/stern ship wake waves
- Shoreline with physics interaction
- Improved underwater rendering: added caustics and light shafts
- Experimental new editor with completely new UI and integrated assets browser
- API improvements: C# mathlib, better callbacks, topology methods, and more
- New video tutorials