UNIGINE 2.13: GPU Lightmapper, Volumetric Clouds Upgrade, Better Anti-Aliasing, New Terrain Tools Preview
- GPU Lightmapper tool
- Introducing SRAA (Subpixel Reconstruction Anti-Aliasing)
- Upgraded 3D volumetric clouds
- Performance optimizations for vast forest rendering
- New iteration of the terrain generation tool with online GIS sources support (experimental)
- Adaptive hardware tessellation for the mesh_base material
- Project Build tool: extended functionality and a standalone console-based version
- New samples (LiDAR sensor, night city lights, helicopter winch)
- Introducing 3D scans library
- Improved particles simulation with advanced control
- 2x physics performance optimization
- Better clouds and atmosphere improvements
- Advanced control over Landscape Terrain details
- New Earthworks demo
- .NET Core 3.1 integration and C# API improvements
- Multiple IG and Syncker improvements, dead reckoning for DIS protocol
- New content add-ons: Airport and Industrial assets
- UnigineEditor product in the Sim edition
- Community Edition, free for non-commercial/academic projects, as well as for commercial projects with revenue or funding less than $100K in the last 12 months.
- Optimized performance: async node update, optimized bounds calculation.
- Better input handling and window management via SDL.
- Improved particles shading.
- C# Component System updates: renaming, simple inheritances, parameter conditions.
- Significantly improved multi-channel rendering, revamped Syncker system.
- Usability improvements and performance optimizations of UnigineEditor.
- Fox Hole archviz demo with both desktop and VR modes.
- New terrain system: more detailed, faster, non-destructive collaborative edits, binoculars support, runtime modification API.
- Improved C++ and C# API: simplified object management, improved thread safety and stability, better code readability.
- UnigineEditor extensions: public API, plugin system.
- High-Level Car Physics System: wheeled vehicle simulation.
- Improved clouds: more types, better visuals.
- IG updates: adaptive quality management, better synchronization, easier configuration, API improvements.
- New Build tool for assembling standalone project builds.
- Texture Profiler tool for assets optimization.
- C# Component System: simplified workflow, Editor integration, working sample.
- Better Shadows: realistic penumbra, smooth edges.
- Revamped Subsurface Scattering: increased realism and flexibility.
- Improved materials and shaders customization.
- Spline Tool Updates: increased stability, smoother editing, improved rendering.
- Integration of Varjo VR-1 headset with bionic display and eye-tracking.
- Geodetics plugin for geo-coordinates conversion.
UNIGINE 2.9 introduces a new workflow for implementing application logic in projects using C# API (as a pilot version for verification), along with new rendering features such as improved soft shadows, more realistic subsurface scattering, smoother and more stable screen-space effects for better image quality, dome-screen supporting AppProjection plugin, performance optimizations (multithreaded clutters and clusters management, faster materials loading, etc.), a huge pack of quality of life enhancements for both Engine and Editor, and much more.