UNIGINE 2.7.1: Improved Voxel GI, Forced Shaders Compilation, Water Performance Optimizations, Stabilization
- Forced shaders compilation
- Improved voxel GI
- Water performance optimizations
- Improved support for large-scale models
- Improved editor UI
- Experimental HLA protocol support
- Added support for HTC Vive Pro
- Overall engine improvements and bugfixes
Although this release is mainly a maintenance one, it also introduces some new features.
UNIGINE 2.7: New Voxel GI Solution, Synthetic Terrain Generation, Improved Assets System, Refactored Properties, More Dynamic Environment
- Updated SDK editions
- Voxel GI solution, which doesn’t require UV mapping
- Improved assets workflow for both artists and programmers
- Major update of UnigineEditor 2
- Refactored and extended properties system
- FBX import in runtime
- Dynamic destruction of trees and grass in runtime
- Cross sections visualization
- Improved anti-aliasing
- Automatic screen space bevels
- Easy configuration for multi-channel rendering, including templates (dome, wall, CAVE, etc.)
- Improved performance profiler
- Arbitrary terrain generation using non-georeferenced data
- Procedural generation of buildings (2.5D)
- ObjectTerrain to ObjectTerrainGlobal migration tool
- General performance optimizations
This release was aimed at making your experience with UNIGINE 2 even better by improving the UI and functionality of the Editor and tools and adding more useful and long-awaited features to make the work of artists and programmers easier and more efficient.
UNIGINE 2.6.1: Improved Multi-Channel Rendering, Runtime Grass Modification, Distributed Terrain Generation, Stabilization
- Better configurator for nonlinear image warping and edge blending.
- More robust multi-channel rendering with remote projection configuration.
- Improved CIGI protocol support.
- Improved generation of grass and clutters, increased performance, runtime modification.
- Added distributed terrain generation for Landscape tool.
- Improved UnigineEditor 2.
- Overall engine improvements and bugfixes.
- More C++ samples.
This is mainly a maintenance release, consisting mostly of fixes and improvements, however, it introduces some new features.
These improvements were showcased in the new 3-channel firefighting flight simulator demonstrated at I/ITSEC 2017 in Orlando, USA:
UNIGINE 2.6: Editor2, Improved Multi-Channel Rendering, Procedural Landscape Generation, VR Template
- Editor 2 (re-written from scratch): faster, better, easier to use
- Assets system
- Improved multi-channel rendering: better sync, C++ API, more features
- Improved CIGI protocol support
- Powerful procedural generation in Landscape Tool: data refinement, tags, roads
- Improved TerrainGlobal
- Materials system refactoring: clean API, easier hierarchy management
- Improved file system
- VR template project
This release could be called “old systems done right”. We gathered feedback from users and decided to improve important stuff before moving to adding more on top. It took months (and even years in the case of Editor 2) of hard work, but we believe it worths the effort.
UNIGINE 2.5: Screen-Space Ray-Traced Global Illumination, Vector Roads API, Landcover Data Support, Superposition Demo
- New Screen-Space Ray-Traced Global Illumination (SSRTGI).
- Screen-space shadows.
- 3D spline system.
- Vector roads API.
- Landcover data support.
- Terrain modification API.
- C++ programming quick start tutorial.
- New Superposition demo with VR features.