- Improved particles simulation with advanced control
- 2x physics performance optimization
- Better clouds and atmosphere improvements
- Advanced control over Landscape Terrain details
- New Earthworks demo
- .NET Core 3.1 integration and C# API improvements
- Multiple IG and Syncker improvements, dead reckoning for DIS protocol
- New content add-ons: Airport and Industrial assets
- UnigineEditor product in the Sim edition
- Community Edition, free for non-commercial/academic projects, as well as for commercial projects with revenue or funding less than $100K in the last 12 months.
- Optimized performance: async node update, optimized bounds calculation.
- Better input handling and window management via SDL.
- Improved particles shading.
- C# Component System updates: renaming, simple inheritances, parameter conditions.
- Significantly improved multi-channel rendering, revamped Syncker system.
- Usability improvements and performance optimizations of UnigineEditor.
- Fox Hole archviz demo with both desktop and VR modes.
- New terrain system: more detailed, faster, non-destructive collaborative edits, binoculars support, runtime modification API.
- Improved C++ and C# API: simplified object management, improved thread safety and stability, better code readability.
- UnigineEditor extensions: public API, plugin system.
- High-Level Car Physics System: wheeled vehicle simulation.
- Improved clouds: more types, better visuals.
- IG updates: adaptive quality management, better synchronization, easier configuration, API improvements.
- New Build tool for assembling standalone project builds.
- Texture Profiler tool for assets optimization.
- C# Component System: simplified workflow, Editor integration, working sample.
- Better Shadows: realistic penumbra, smooth edges.
- Revamped Subsurface Scattering: increased realism and flexibility.
- Improved materials and shaders customization.
- Spline Tool Updates: increased stability, smoother editing, improved rendering.
- Integration of Varjo VR-1 headset with bionic display and eye-tracking.
- Geodetics plugin for geo-coordinates conversion.
UNIGINE 2.9 introduces a new workflow for implementing application logic in projects using C# API (as a pilot version for verification), along with new rendering features such as improved soft shadows, more realistic subsurface scattering, smoother and more stable screen-space effects for better image quality, dome-screen supporting AppProjection plugin, performance optimizations (multithreaded clutters and clusters management, faster materials loading, etc.), a huge pack of quality of life enhancements for both Engine and Editor, and much more.
- Redesigned asynchronous data streaming to reduce performance spikes.
- Improved utilization of multiple CPU cores throughout the engine.
- UnigineEditor’s transformation: standalone application, made faster, more stable and extensible after a major refactoring, with a number of improvements.
- Cached shadows optimization: performance boost, more flexibility.
- Refactored bit masks.
- Better reflections with additive blending and occlusion clipping.
- Interleaved rendering mode for lights.
- Various vegetation improvements.
- More informative Performance Profiler.
- Major IG Template update: DIS support, more CIGI packets, multithreading and optimizations.
More features have been optimized for multicore processors in this release to fully take advantage of all the extra computing power that a PC platform provides wherever possible, from asynchronous data streaming to processing network packets.
Rendering improvements continue to push the boundaries of visual realism in our virtual worlds, in this release we've significantly improved the look of vegetation, shadows and reflections.
A huge pack of various performance optimizations including cached shadows, asynchronous data streaming have contributed to overall engine performance improvement and reduction of spikes.