Direct PlayStation 3 port is completed
- Fixed property libraries loading bug.
- Moving of disabled nodes doesn't affect performance.
- Mouse pointer can be controlled via engine.gui.* namespace now.
- Fixed object.setBody() and body.setObject() functions in UnigineScripts.
- Distance-based fading of volumetric objects.
- More detailed info on functions in EngineAnalyzer (input arguments are also printed now).
- Changed decals storage format, please re-generate them (simply load world, select "Tools" -> "Batch" -> "Generate Decals" in the editor and re-save the world).
- No more memory allocations in ObjectMeshDynamic during tangent space calculation.
- All mesh-related things were migrated to two-vector tangent space basis.
- Removed artifacts caused by transition from underwater to above-water modes and vice versa (take a look at updated Tropics demo in the SDK).
- Added new fog for light scattering emulation in underwater mode.
- Optional two-sided reflection for water.
- ObjectMeshSkinned performance improvement.
- Fixed bug with wrong destruction of multiple GUI.
- Stack size can be defined for Thread.
- Severe video memory optimizations.
- Performance optimization of WorldLight.
- Added plugins for Maya 8.5 64-bit.
- Coordinate system is relative to the current coordinates of a NodeReference in NodeReference editing mode of UnigineEditor.
- Completed non-interactive network viewer sample.
- Added basic tutorials (see "Tutorials" section in the reference manual):
- Adding Object into a New World.
- Adding Animated Object into the Loaded World.
- Setup Sky and Water.
- NewNSIS-based installer for evaluation kit (fixed a lot of issues, including plugins installation).
PlayStation 3 port progress:
- Direct PPU/GPU port of Unigine is completed, everything works very well (as it was expected).
- All benchmarks (Sanctuary, Tropics and Heaven) works well on PS3, as well as SDK samples.
- Major things left to do:
- Add PS3 gamepad support.
- Utilize SPUs for performance optimizations.
- RSX-specific optimizations of shaders.
- Prepare Unigine PS3 SDK and evaluation kit.
Heaven 2.0 running on PlayStation 3 (it looks the same as on PC w/o tessellation):