More render optimizations and "1% per day" campaign
First of all, here is an another screenshot from our unannounced Unigine-based project, which is the main
concern of our art department these days (by the way, it contains 64 square kilometers of terrain):
- Terrain optimizations.
- No performance drop if there is an invisible water in the scene.
- Occlusion queries for smart culling.
- Fixed overlighting of impostors and reflections.
- Alpha-testing + anti-aliasing now works correctly on DirectX 10.1 capable hardware.
- Added anti-aliasing support for scattering pass for DirectX 10 hardware.
- Removed Oren-Nayar shaders due to increased compexity of material system.
- Support of mouse scroll in EditLine and SpinBox widgets.
- LODs for particles (particle count reduces with the distance).
- Optimized light scattering.
- A special "destroy" method of containers in UnigineScript for memory cleanup without direct call of a destructor.
- Fixed Image crashes on float and half images in rare cases.
- Grass performance optimizations.
- Fixed crash of ResourceEditor if config file missing.
- UnigineEditor now works more intelligent with textures, there is no need in ImageDDS tool for ordinary cases.
- Scene validator in UnigineEditor.
- Added "How to..." section in the manual, which will be useful for artists.
We have launched a"1% per day" discount campaign: every single day before November, 30 gives you 1% discount on licensing Unigine (or you lose 1%, if you are waiting), so you can get a fully-capable license with 60% discount, if you are on time!