Landcover and Vegetation mismatch

photo

Hello,

I'm using a landcover raster in my landscape, and I add vegetation on top of it. The landcover tag is created with a 0 threshold. A terrain detail layer is added on the same tag, shown hereafter with a red overlay. And vegetation is created with an ObjectGrass node. The problem here is I don't understand why the vegetation and the detail layer never match, whatever settings I put in the Mask of the detail layer:

image.thumb.png.c5ab710a391c7a514c8037499dc6d67c.png

As you can see, there is grass in A but no grass in B. I would have expected the grass area outline to roughly match the red area (at least for a certain combination of threshold, width, contrast) but that is never the case !

Can you help me here? Thanks.

Hi!
Thank you for feedback!

This behaviour is caused by low resolution of landcover source (80 meters per pixel).
However, this is a bug and we'd described it in our internal tracker. Fix will come in the future release.

If it's possible, you could try landcover source with higher resolution.

How to submit a good bug report
---
FTP server for test scenes and user uploads:

Thanks for the info ! FYI, we do have some hires landcover but for some other data we only have the lores. Maybe we'll have to upscale artifically our lores then.

What would be the recommended resolution (px/m) ?

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

glad to say that we've implemented an improvement for this case. Will be available in the next release.

Grass still works much better with higher landcover resolutions but you can try doing the following:

• set step for grass equal to landcover resolution (80 in your case)
  • adjust Thershold, Width and Contrast in details settings to modify mask shape

Please, take a look at screenshot attached, not perfect but looks better.

landcover.PNG

How to submit a good bug report
---
FTP server for test scenes and user uploads: