About SpeedTree

photo

Hi , i've seen on Unigine SDK ,

we can add SpeedTree SDK.

We are just small team and we have lack of nature resources.

What does speedtree on unigine gives?

it gives nature resources for unigine and its easy to use on unigine?

Thanks alot.

It appears that Lumion has some sort of arrangement with Speedtree that allows distribution of quite a few species and the speed tree engine as part of the Lumion distro.

Maybe this is something Unigine could look into. I think it would be a big positive sales point for Unigine if it was bundled with speedtree enabled, (and a tree library).

I might add this to into the suggestions forum.

there are some discuss to this, and I asked speedtree guy, if unigine bundle speedtree, then each user use speedtree in unigine also require a speedtree license, which will cost 10k usd per platform. this cost will be a huge amount for any small studios.

But I really think unigine guys should talk to speedtree to find a way to solve this. We all known cryengine created a better solution for vegetation, But I don't think this will also works for unigine, because creating another better vegetation system need far more work..

This is not the case with Lumion. The license to run the speed tree code is included in the cost of Lumion. The modeller however is not included.

If a tree pack of 50 trees was included, the modeller would not be as critical.

I'm still hoping a full integration of speedtree as ulf has proposed, even if unigine don't supply speedtree's tree model pack, that's fine, we just need a integration.

PS, We have a speedtree license, now speedtree for games v6 has just been released some days ago.

I'm still hoping a full integration of speedtree as ulf has proposed

Steve, I didn't propose full SpeedTree integration, that's your baby <_< Actually I am trying to convince UNIGINE for more than a year right now to push their basic vegetation implementation to a SpeedTree-like, full-fledged UNIGINE forest rendering solution. This would allow much tighter integration into material/world/physics systems and also would avoid all kind of SpeedTree licencing/technical troubles (which we encountered with another game engine with SpeedTree integration...).

Actually a technical UNIGINE solution shouldn't be too hard for magic frustum, as most required pieces are already available within UNIGINE (vegetation materials, impostor rendering, geometry instancing, world clutter node, LOD fading and frustum also toll me that in earlier times there already was a solution for view-direction dependent billboard-blending). Only problem is prioritization...

Our next project is open-space forest scenario (based on Valley demo), so I guess there will be a lot of improvements for forest rendering.

Full-scale production is to be started in 1-2 months.