[SOLVED] Lightmap makes surface go invisible

photo

Hi All, 

Weird problem here. I have made a shader in the material graph that lerps 3 textures together using a mask painted in the custom surface texture - however when I try to bake the surface using the lightmapping tool, the result causes the mesh to go invisible. Any idea whats going on here? If I just use a mesh_base material it bakes as expected. Any ideas what's going on here?

image.thumb.png.0e623afc726bfe97b13c87761716951b.png

And enabling the baked lightmap....

image.thumb.png.10d6226e9aedc5cc5d128d746c49b9cb.png

If using a mesh_base material all normal

image.thumb.png.2fc864de7d84fbc8f0bdc1186c113522.png

Many thanks, 

Ben

Hello!

@Ben_93Could you please provide us with a sample scene with minimal reproduction of the issue? It seems that packing the world into a ".upackage" archive and sharing it with us would be sufficient to investigate what exactly is causing this issue.

Thanks!

1 hour ago, bmyagkov said:

Hello!

@Ben_93Could you please provide us with a sample scene with minimal reproduction of the issue? It seems that packing the world into a ".upackage" archive and sharing it with us would be sufficient to investigate what exactly is causing this issue.

Thanks!

Hi, 

I have sent you a private message with a link to the test scene, thanks for helping me investigate this issue :D 

Many thanks, 

Ben

It seems that the issue has been resolved via private messages. It turns out that the allowed number of samplers has been exceeded and it was advised to use texture arrays instead.

Thanks!

• Like 1
  • bmyagkov changed the title to [SOLVED] Lightmap makes surface go invisible