Volumetric fog afected by light

photo

Hi...
I'm trying to make a local fog to be affected by a light, how can i achieve that effect? i'm trying with volume box and box cloud but i can not make it to be affected by any lights... i can not find an image that shows exactly what i need, but I need something like this:
rainbow-traffic-lights-wallpaper.thumb.jpg.70da2a96d8e3d8acf58f0cc2805fe563.jpg

6490dedb-4886-48dc-8140-ecba08829c30_medieval_dungeon_fog_roleplaying_fantasy_card_game_epic_realistic_cg_render_artstation.webp.792dc8e3bada25b851283a0fa3167237.webp

is like a local volumetric fog... Am i missing something?

Edited by Miguel-Alejandria
12 hours ago, silent said:

Currently there is no such functionality available in the engine out of the box. Probably it will be added later in the future UNIGINE versions.

Thanks!

Wow, that is a surprise... ok...
You said "not out of the box" is there any alternative for that?

16 hours ago, Miguel-Alejandria said:

Wow, that is a surprise... ok...
You said "not out of the box" is there any alternative for that?

Hi there, 

For now, could you get a similar effect by using volumetric projected lights? These are colour tintable I think

Many thanks, 

Ben

@Miguel-Alejandria
@Ben_93
Actually Unigine provides volumetric fog affected by light and it is called Screen-Space Haze Global Illumination (SSHGI).screen_space_haze_global_illumination.thumb.jpg.9ee539b103070125ecae749a681f611c.jpg 
As the article says: "The set of SSHGI parameters is available in the corresponding group of Environment settings (Settings->Render->Environment)."

The possible reason why you did not know about this feature is that there is no trailer about 2.16.1 update of Unigine where SSHGI was introduced.

@silent

So it would be good if a showcase video about SSHGI was made just like the video about PSDGI (Panorama Space Dynamic Global Illumination).
Also I wish that the upcoming 2.18.1 release of Unigine had a trailer so that nobody missed it.

Edited by tosontur
  • Like 1
On 4/8/2024 at 5:42 PM, tosontur said:

@Miguel-Alejandria
@Ben_93
Actually Unigine provides volumetric fog affected by light and it is called Screen-Space Haze Global Illumination (SSHGI).

Thank you guys and thanks @tosontur that is kind of what i need, but not exactly the same or maybe i do not know how to use it properly, i found a better image that shows what i want to do
d.jpg.de87a8f42c98e6cb84cb3d2b4e9f7248.jpg

Do you see how the fog is dense but at the same time no in your face and also inconstant? the SSHGI is always constant can not find a way to do it like that image.
I made something similar with volumetric projected lights like @Ben_93 sugested but it does not match well with the enviroment objects.

ef.thumb.jpg.96f2a68ecc7775fc396aae8ecafa6f89.jpg

Also due to SSHGI being SS, when i move my camera, the fog and the shaft disappears

efserdgs.thumb.jpg.39bbb2453f0e5853913483cb4fabb8e2.jpg

that SSHGI looks interesting but maybe for more open areas

@Miguel-Alejandria Hi there, you might be able to get this effect by using a volume box clouse and change parameters  to get that change of density in the fog your trying to get, maybe try that with a volumetric projected light and a bit of SSHGI and see what happens? :D

Many thanks, 

Ben

13 minutes ago, Ben_93 said:

@Miguel-Alejandria Hi there, you might be able to get this effect by using a volume box clouse and change parameters  to get that change of density in the fog your trying to get, maybe try that with a volumetric projected light and a bit of SSHGI and see what happens? :D

Many thanks, 

Ben

i tried that the same day i created this thread, i forgot to mention, sorry. But it is better with an emiter with a smoke texture and almos zero velocity, you can control better the limits and with the normal texture you can control a bit hot the light affect the particles, but is not exactly that useful

• Like 1

i think this is the best i can do with unigine using just one particle system, even using a normal texture it does not look affected by light... i guess i can create lots of particle systems with different difuse values faking where is dark or illuminated. Thanks, here is the result on a test scene

Untitled.thumb.jpg.dc1f7d14078cb28ab705034302703862.jpg

• Like 2