[SOLVED] SSRTGI and emissive materials

photo

As far as I can tell emissive materials do not contribute to SSRTGI lighting calculations(in Unigine 2.17).  I thought perhaps I missed a lighting setting somewhere, however that doesn't seem to be the case.  The lack of emissive can be compensated with strategically placed lighting, but adding extra lights will quickly get computationally expensive.  Is this a known bug?  Or perhaps it's a limitation with Unigine's SSRTGI itself?

TanukiDigital

Since SSRTGI works in screen-space it physically can't exclude emission from GI. Very similar behavior may appear when SSGI (a part of SSRTGI) is being disabled. Try to enable 'Ultra' preset in Windows -> Settings -> Global Illumination -> Indirect Diffuse -> SSRTGI Preset to see if this will actually change the final picture.

If that doesn't help, please send us a minimal test scene with emissive objects that are not affecting GI behavior. That would help us to identify the root cause of this behavior much faster.

Thanks!

• Like 2

How to submit a good bug report
---
FTP server for test scenes and user uploads:

OK, changing the preset setting definitely fixed this for me.  I originally was using the "High" preset.  Both Ultra and Extreme presets contribute emissive properties to SSRTGI.  I'll adjust the custom settings until I get the look I'm going for.  Thank you!

• Thanks 1
  • silent changed the title to [SOLVED] SSRTGI and emissive materials