Tried making a .UASSET package where did i go wrong

photo

I did the following STEPS exactly:

but the asset imports as non-textured .where did I go wrong or miss a step or is this meant to happen.

1.png

2.png

3.png

4.png

5.png

6.png

7.png

8.png

WHAT!!.png

Edited by anurag
  • anurag changed the title to Tried making a .UASSET package where did i go wrong

Hello!

It seems that you have included only the ".mesh" asset which lacks any links to the materials used. As a result, the dependency tool simply ignores it during the packaging stage.

To address this issue, consider packing your model along with the associated textures into a node reference (.node) asset. To do this, please follow these steps:

1. Right-click on the model within the world hierarchy to open the menu.
  2. Select "Create a Node Reference" from the options.

Once you've created the node reference, proceed to export it as a package. To do this:

1. Open the asset browser and locate the created node reference.
  2. Right-click on the node reference.
  3. Select the appropriate export option from the menu, as demonstrated in the attached image.

Thanks!

image.png

Thank you for your very quick response @bmyagkov,

Actually, I did esport all the materials and textures ( I also selected include dependencies) . They were just in a separate folder( If you see the last image you'll see MATERIALS folder) but it didn't work.However this statement is pointless

because I tried your way and It worked. Thanks for that.

Now lets say I have to make a package with dozens of models.

I would need to select each object and create a node reference for all of them .

Do I then need to export all of them separately as package or do I select the export option on the top taskbar like my earlier demo photo?

7 minutes ago, anurag said:

Thank you for your very quick response @bmyagkov,

Actually, I did esport all the materials and textures ( I also selected include dependencies) . They were just in a separate folder( If you see the last image you'll see MATERIALS folder) but it didn't work.However this statement is pointless

because I tried your way and It worked. Thanks for that.

Now lets say I have to make a package with dozens of models.

I would need to select each object and create a node reference for all of them .

Do I then need to export all of them separately as package or do I select the export option on the top taskbar like my earlier demo photo?

Well, take a look at any of our free add-ons and you'll notice that each one always includes a ".node" asset for every presented model making it easier to use. I would recommend following this workflow: store each model in its dedicated ".node" asset and once everything else is ready simply pack it all together as you've described in your original message here.

Thanks!