Lightmap textures not available since 2.13

photo

Hello,

Recently I upgraded my project from 2.10 to 2.15. I used lightmaps on opaque objects so during the night, the texture lighted up. The problem is that in 2.15 we can't add lightmaps to mesh_base derived materials. Is there any way i can apply static lightmaps to materials without baking?

Regards,
Pierre

Hi Silent,

It's not exactly what i want to do, i was using both Emission and Lightmap in my project and I had this result

210.thumb.png.b5ae21fcfd32f3dd9160b4a85083b35a.png

For the windows of the Aircraft i'm using Emission to create the window light effect

image.thumb.png.1bef6fb12367e0344a2af1d1e545d60f.png

I used Lightmap for the tail, in order to light it up instead of doing an emission, like i'm doing for the windows of the aircraft, and I had this texture :

image.thumb.png.3b1c986eae3e39b4f1bd18bf481c70ed.png

Do you think I can combine both textures and put it in Emission ? Will I have the same result ?

Thanks!
Pierre

Hi Pierre,

I think you can try to combine these two texture into a single one. The only downside of this - you would not be able to control illuminators and wings lightning separately in this case. But if that's OK you can definitely try to use this method.

Alternative solution is to bake this plane lightning using internal lightmapper tool, results should be even better :) You can control later via API lightmaps state (per surface), so you can easily disable them when there is no lights are turned on.

Thanks!

How to submit a good bug report
---
FTP server for test scenes and user uploads:

you could also bake a small voxel probe only for your external lights and attach/parent it to your node hierarchy. As I guess it's moving object, it will also light up near by objects.

Hi Silent and Romain,

After combining my two textures, during the night we don't see the plane correctly because the emission overrides the texture instead of multiplying with it (probably because the Emission don't take into count the Alpha parameter)

image.thumb.png.6fe288b4f9bed30c58e20ae94a6a2636.png

image.thumb.png.ec892b5eebcb2d30f1646f0bfee69a50.png

I'll see what I can do with the baking, using internal lightmapper tool or with a small voxel probe, but it would be better to be able to use the lightmap textures since  we already have them.

Thanks!
Pierre