The phenomenon where the Planar reflection appears to be two layers in the HMD.

photo

Hi.

During VR development, we found that Planar reflection appears to be double layered in HMD.

On the rendering screen, it can be seen as a single layer, but only in HMD, it can be seen as a double layer.

image.thumb.png.1b19c2c4a48002f4bce63d6b7e5bd907.png

It's a rendering screen. As you can see, the window is well reflected by plane reflection.

However, when viewed in VR using HMD, other objects are well rendered in one layer, but only the reflective screen reflected on the window comes out in two layers.

We thought this phenomenon was a problem in HMD, so we brought a lot of HMDs and implemented them.

The HMD I ran was Varjo VR2, Varjo VR3, Varjo XR3, VIVE Cosmos, Oculus question 1, and only the reflected screens in all HMDs were double-layered.

So we thought there might be a problem with the unigine, so we'd like to get help.

I attached the video in HMD as a video.

How can we solve this problem?

Regards,

seheonChoe

shchoe

Thanks for the video and detailed description.

Right now dev team is pretty busy doing 2.15.1 update, but I hope we would have some additional time in this week and we would be able to at least reproduce this behavior.

If you can create an empty new project in 2.11 and configure some object in the scene so it would have the same issue in VR it would be great. In that case you can send us only data folder from the project and we would be able to reproduce this behavior on our side faster.

Thanks!

How to submit a good bug report
---
FTP server for test scenes and user uploads:

Hi,

Thank you for your answer.

We will send you the data folder within next week.

Thank you for helping me solve the problem even though you are busy.