How to implement Quixel Megascans 3D Grass / Plants?

photo

Hi all, 

I was wondering if there is any resources to help me figure out how to use Quixel Megascans vegetation within Unigine? I try to use but the maps downloaded from Quixel dont seem to be in the correct format if using grass object billboards or grass mesh fbx's in Unigine. 

Many thanks, 

Ben

Hi Ben,

As far as I know you can export FBX files with geometry from mega scans that would be possible to import as is.

If you want to use imposters for far trees you would need to bake them inside the Editor (it should be quite easy to do).

For grass you can create your own custom node-based material that will work with textures that you downloaded (an example of custom grass material you can also check in new Shader Graph samples from SDK).

Thanks!

How to submit a good bug report
---
FTP server for test scenes and user uploads:

Hi Silent, 

Thanks for getting back to me. 

For grass you can create your own custom node-based material that will work with textures that you downloaded (an example of custom grass material you can also check in new Shader Graph samples from SDK).

So would this approach work with using a grass clutter FBX? Or using Grass BASE billboards?

Many thanks, 

Ben

1645247002(1).thumb.png.412e7c7bc3e90aaed8990dc27c3bc132.png

This is a 3D grass asset I downloaded from Quixel Megascans, however you can see the texture maps are not properly configured out of the box from quixel for unigine using a mesh clutter. Does anybody know how to get 3D vegetation assets from Quixel working in Unigine?

Thanks Denis, i'll try to do some testing to figure this out.

The new material graph feature in 2.15 looks really awesome, although I cant find any documentation to explain this simply to a newbie like me who has no experience with this type of node based material workflow.

• 7 months later...