Unable to destroy own opengl context after calling Unigine::Engine::init

photo

We run into a problem with an AMD Radeon RX 6800 graphics card when shutting down our application.

When we call Unigine::Engine::init with our own created opengl context the next call to "wglDeleteContext(m_context);" crashes in the graphics driver.

When we are not calling Unigine::Engine::init we are able to destroy the opengl context normally.

This happens with Qt Opengl Context and build from scratch Windows OpenGL context.

We don't know what is happening in the init call with te opengl context, but maybe you can tell us?

NVidia graphics cards work.

Thanks.

Edited by sebastian.vesenmayer

Hi Sebastian,

Any test code for the reproduction? Do you have issues only with RX6800 or any other Radeon GPU?

Maybe there is some easier workaround that we can find on our side.

Vendors are not paying much attention to OpenGL these days, so it can be easily some AMD driver issue that would take years to fix :(

Thanks!

How to submit a good bug report
---
FTP server for test scenes and user uploads:

Hi silent,

I stripped the application heavily, now it works, so I think some of our application code is breaking some objects on the heap. I will investigate this further.

Thanks

Hello silent,

we have found the setting which causes the application to crash during opengl context destruction.

When <show_profiler>1</show_profiler> is set in default.user config it crashes.

<show_profiler>0</show_profiler> works.

We also tried to disable profiler during runtime, but it has no effect on the shutdown crash.

I will upload a minimal reproducer example to your ftp.

Thanks

• Thanks 1
  • 4 months later...