Hum3D 3d models platform

photo

Dear Unigine team,

Would you know maybe the platform Hum3D?
https://hum3d.com

At least on paper, it is convenient way to get consistent clean 3d models that we can import.
All models are presented more or less with same options, LoD or even asset packages ready to be loaded.
E.g. test trial car 3D model https://hum3d.com/test/test-trial/

image.png.d5aaa4698451bcf7c34615c91e435e6d.png

So the question: would you think it makes sense for an "Unigine-ready" asset package to be added to this list? 
Especially with 2.14 bringing capacity to “package” assets with textures and LOD set up...

Kind regards,
Charles

I was always wondering, if ppl are using these options?

An fbx package is more convenient and would make even the other 2 as well obsolete ?

I might be completely wrong?

best.w.

I purchased lots of models on Hum3D. Models are downloadable in fbx, obj and native maya or max etc. Game ready is essentially a low poly (meaning edge-loop decimated version of the non cc subdivided poly cage), at least for the 50-60k and 20-30k, the 3-5 k are manually done I guess. 

Unity or Unreal packages are based on same fbxs, lods materials etc, they are just pre-packaged in engines native format (at least for unreal). From my experience I never purchased Unity/Unreal asset packages on Hum , just regular format, fbx or maya source files , and do the assemblies myself depending on the project needs. So don't know if an Unigine asset package would make sense, but also could be wrong :), .don't know either if people purchase these options ..

btw, the polygon numbers are quad/poly, not triangles, they have great car models, but they are really high poly oriented, imho. That's also the case for aircrafts and warships...lots of details done with polys, lots of unnecessary edge loops, where some nice alpha cut and normal maps should be enough.

Best

R.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback.

Maybe fbx would be enough, setting up LoD manually is not an issue.
But currently we don't have smooth transition between these LoDs..

Still looking for proper support from them.. right now it is still bit laggy.

Kind rergards,
Charles