Texture Stretching

photo

Hi all, i currently have a problem where after being export as a node from 3ds max, and then bought in to the editor - the texture is stretched in some places, and does not look correct. (please see attached image) this happens on many objects , but not all.. however i can find no common reason why this would happen.

In this particular case this is a mesh terrain exported as a node from 3ds max 9, then a Terrain_mesh Base material applied in Unigine.

I would prefer to use the Unigine terrain instead of a mesh so that i get the benefits of world clutter and Terrain tesselation, however i found that creating a terrain using the terrain_x86 command line tool from my max mesh it is very hard to get the scaling correct to match my other scene elements, so i gave up unfortunately and decided to use a mesh terrain instead. post-158-0-94643500-1310364519_thumb.jpg

Any help on both issues would be very appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Hi all, i currently have a problem where after being export as a node from 3ds max, and then bought in to the editor - the texture is stretched in some places, and does not look correct. (please see attached image) this happens on many objects , but not all.. however i can find no common reason why this would happen.

In this particular case this is a mesh terrain exported as a node from 3ds max 9, then a Terrain_mesh Base material applied in Unigine.

I would prefer to use the Unigine terrain instead of a mesh so that i get the benefits of world clutter and Terrain tesselation, however i found that creating a terrain using the terrain_x86 command line tool from my max mesh it is very hard to get the scaling correct to match my other scene elements, so i gave up unfortunately and decided to use a mesh terrain instead. post-158-0-94643500-1310364519_thumb.jpg

Any help on both issues would be very appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

We managed to trace this issue to unigine supporting only half floats on the z axis for meshes. As a work around we have been bringing in the problem meshes as dynamic meshes. Hope that helps.

Thanks For the help - i did search the forums with the terrible search function , but unsurprisingly found nothing.. this clears it up, cheers.

I have solutin's for that problem, but if you are using unigine's terrian and have this problem, then I don't know why, but if you are using a mesh as terrain, this must be your uv problem. double check in your 3d modeling app.