Reflection with Alpha Blend

photo

Hello,

First of all, thank you for the community version which allows me to play with Unigine while waiting for my manager to decide to buy the engineering !!

I try to achieve a reflection glass for window for exemple but can't get it to work.

I use a LightEnvironmentProbe with Box projection but the rendering alway appears strange.

What's the right solution for correct rendering of reflection with blending mode ?

Thanks.

Reflect.jpg

I have not precised..

I know this is possible to render Dynamic reflection with the planar reflection but for performance issue I don't want realtime.

Or, maybe this is possible to calculate 1 or 2 planar reflection per frame or calculate all the planar reflection with a refresh button ?

Hi Fabre,

Right now it's not possible to achieve correct reflections from probes on semi-transparent objects. The only way is to use Planar reflections.

Or, maybe this is possible to calculate 1 or 2 planar reflection per frame or calculate all the planar reflection with a refresh button ?

There is no such control available right now and planar reflections are being rendered each frame. We would think how to improve this (more likely by adding some kind of PlanarProbe object).

Thanks!

How to submit a good bug report
---
FTP server for test scenes and user uploads:

Hi Silent and thanks for taking the time to reply !

Just a function for update or not the texture like material->updatePlanarReflection(bool update).

If user don't wan't to update then take the latest calculated texture and if the latest texture doesn't exist there is no reflection...

I think to control the render and optimize that was perfect for users.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello,

I have tested with one house of client but this is totaly impossible to get realtime reflection for windows glass...

The fps drop down to 8 frames/sec with an rtx 2080s.

If I can calculate one reflection per frame for exemple, that solve my problem because I don't need really a realtime.

Have you planned to modify the option for planar reflection quickly or this is a too complex work for the moment ?

Maybe there is another way to do this like in C++ with shader ?

Thanks.

ReflectiveSurface.png

The house contains 5000 individual surfaces I know this is not really good but I don't have the choice because our software export model in this way and users can attrib all materials on surfaces to personnalize his house.
I just need to render reflected scene onto windows but I don't need realtime..

If you have another solution to do reflection on alpha blend surface without realtime I think that was the right way for me :).

If you don't have solution, I'll try to achieve planar reflection with render texture an calculate the reflected planar surface with my proper method to optimize the rendering because your system don't permit to update or not the texture.