Open Flight

photo

Hello,

I have exported an OpenFlight from Terra Vista. Terra vista has created an tree folders and files. This files represent the objects of a scenary.

Is it posible import the the whole model Open Flight, keeping the original reference data, with just one step or we have to import each object one by one

Best regards

Rafael

Hello Rafael, thanks for the question.

Currenty Open Flight is supported only in Editor 1.

If you want to try this feature in old editor you'll have to import each .flt file manually (it's pretty time consuming operation), however you can try to write some helper using UnigineScript to do a batch-import.

We have plans for open flight support in Editor 2, please check our roadmap.

In case you need these models in Editor 2 there are two possibe workarounds:

1. Convert them to .fbx in 3ds Max (or any other software that can do that); Import via drag-and-drop to the Asset Browser. 
  2. Import your models in Editor 1 and then use created runtime files in data directory (meshes, textures) in Editor 2.

How to submit a good bug report
---
FTP server for test scenes and user uploads:

Hello Morbid,

After importing a file .flt to Editor 1, I have to drag this object to the sceneray. This object does not put automatically on the correct geodesic position, so it is a trikcy subject to calculate the geodesic position of each object.

Are there any way to put the object on the scenery on the correct geodesic position?

Would you mind to brief me the implementation of the OpenFlight on the Unigine 2.8?

Best regards

Rafael

Edited by Lopez-Berbel.Pedro

Hello Rafael,

Open Flight plugin can't position your model in specified coordinates. However you can modify this plugin (in case you need this to be solved right now), more info in this article.

It has functions for Latitude\Longitude, projetion etc.

Speaking of Open Flight implementation in 2.8 we'd like to hear your needs.

In general we planned to provide the same functionality with asset browser workflow (drag'n'drop etc.)

---

Hello Morbid,

Talking about Openflight I am going to talk about our needings.

In our company, we have a few work teams, one of them generates OpenFlight files through TerraVista.

In my team, we have to to import those files to Ungine. For this reason we would like the followings requeriments:

• Unigine could read the format fo directories and files that TerraVista generates.
  • Joins all the openflicht and should create a scenery

I am looking forward to hearing your answer

Rafael

Hi, thanks for explanation.

If it's possible we'd like to see your typical models exported from TerraVista. Could you send some?

May I ask you to clarify the second point?

On 22.02.2018 at 4:35 PM, Lopez-Berbel.Pedro said:

Joins all the openflicht and should create a scenery

Also earlier you mentioned this:

On 21.02.2018 at 1:38 PM, Lopez-Berbel.Pedro said:

Are there any way to put the object on the scenery on the correct geodesic position?

So you need geo data provided in Open Flight files, am I right? 

---

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Morbid,

I am sorry for my late but my trial versión had expired and my Company was negotiating to buy a license.

Now, I have already a license, so I am going to try to answer your questions

1. The problem with the model of Terra Vista is that its size is too size, I am going to create a smaller sceneray to send it.
  2. When I said Joint all the openflight .... I want to say "Creating one sceneries with all Openflight files that has been generated by Terra Vista"
  3. Yes, It is, We need that all objects are on the correct position, it uses the geo data indicated on the Open Flight files.

See you

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

Hi Morbid,

I have changed the task on my job so currently I do not work in Unity, for this reason I forgot to make an answer, my apologise.

For this reason, I have not tried the OpenfligtModel.

If I come back to my previous task, I will send you one sample to try.

Best regards

Rafael