how to get parallax working

photo

Hello,

Can you help me to get parallax effect look right?

"scale" shifts geometry in negative direction (inside box)

and no height parameter found - so parallax can't get off mesh geometry like it normally do

teest_box_DefaultMaterial2_Height.png

parallax.png

Hello

this texture generated like heightmap, "proper heightmap for parallax" - mean store height in R channel? or something else?

https://developer.unigine.com/en/docs/2.6/content/materials/library/mesh_base/?words=parallax#parallax_mapping - "height" slider is missing in editor

"samples_2/materials/pbr_materialballs"  - where is that ? download samples_demo

there example with rock texture

in textures folder - cant find where height texture is, only rock_alb, rock_met, rock_n - where rock_h/rock_dis?,

in materials folder - no *.mat named rock - how can I find material properties or used texture names?

in pbr_materialballs.world  - material referenced as material="8230661da494b0c1e2c7ac49ce3a4fd5bbaa36ee" its unusable to find proper *.mat file

Height slider is named differently (Parallax Scale) in 2.6.0.1 due to small bug (it will be renamed back to Height with 2.6.1 update).

For the parallax textures, you can find them in the textures folder with _h, _p postfix. I've attached some of them to this post (they also can be viewed with a help of ImageView app located in <SDK_Install_Dir>/bin directory.

Thanks!

bricks_h.dds

manhole_p.dds

How to submit a good bug report
---
FTP server for test scenes and user uploads:

Thanks for feedback,

I used bricks_h.dds and to me it still looks wrong,

at some sides parallax shifted inside geometry, at other side it remain flat edge (state->parallax->cutout turned on)

tuning of what parameter are needed?

parallax2.thumb.png.86b70a3df7b71ffb95e10efac6c06a9f.png

That's known limitations of real-time parallax effect. Unfortunately, there is nothing we can do here due to complexity of calculations.

You can easily do some walls or small flat objects that can be attached to floor / walls.

Please, keep in mind that cutout will work correctly if you edge of the object is matching the UV border (like our default box primitive):

image.png

How to submit a good bug report
---
FTP server for test scenes and user uploads:

thanks,

edge of the object is matching the UV border

does that mean - special uv cords per parallaxed mesh,... like - whole texture per side? no complicated uv unwraps?

I thought parallax can move pixels outside mesh plane, or it different technique? reliefmapping?