[SOLVED] Lightmap Gamma and Scale

photo

I was testing the 'lightmap' feature for a standard material and experience this behavior:

It seems that the lightmap replaces the ambient light (from the scattering), at least the Gamma Value is turned to 1.
If turned to 0 then the ambient still works but the lightmap renders obsolete and flickering appears.

This seems to be strange behavior.

Images attached:

One image with a test lightmap, black and white spots. and single images as well (for better magnification)

Best.w.

post-767-0-92431800-1457019581_thumb.png

post-767-0-73970000-1457019587_thumb.png

post-767-0-64373800-1457019592_thumb.png

post-767-0-36946700-1457020197_thumb.png

Hi!

It is right, lightmap should contain environment light already.

Gamma slider it is lightmap = pow (lightmap, 1.0 - 2.2);

It is correct behavior.

I c. 

Could this come with an option to use environment?

So If I would use a lightmap in a way I want to do nightlights I would use the detail map rather than the light map.(?) But there is no add functionality.

Best.w.

Hi.

Did the lightmap in 2.0 alpha work in the same way? I guess it did.

We were using our own shader for our night lighting and it showed a very nice behavior.

In the end, we want to do the same thing, we have a 24h scene and during the night hours lights are turned on.

So if you have a scene which is at dusk/dawn, and the lights turn on, I dont want the whole lighting to change, but the lights to be added to the present shading.
Like you turn on a light, which illuminates the objects. So all values should added.

We used 16 bit / channel textures to avoid get banding.

By add i meant that for the detail material there are functions multiply, overlay but no add. If that makes sense.

pls see. image.

Cheers

post-767-0-65241200-1457083056_thumb.png

post-767-0-33008600-1457084773_thumb.png

Naja, lets say as CryUnreal mentioned that this is standard behavior, you can call it as solved.

In a sense it is not really solved, because I think, that a lightmap shouldnt exclude the ambient light. (or for our use it is not the best thing)-

But either we take the emmissive slot or we write an own shader.

merci.

werner

feature has been modified
now, lightmap can work in 2 modes:
1. without environment
2. with environment
this options is selectable in separate combo-box