Big difference for the final render between I expect and Unigine

photo

Hello,

I want a relistic rendering in Unigine but like you can see on my attach files, I have a big difference for the final render for my rock in Unigine.

I don't know why the rendering it's like that (too much black dots, my normal is blur and some details disappears). I change some parameters in Unigine but I don't resolve this problem.

What can i do please ?

Thank you.

Benjamin

post-1926-0-71889000-1454661726_thumb.jpg

Black dots are usually caused by too strong normals. Try to decrease normals value in material. You can also try to tune normals and tangents on mesh in resource editor. Also I wouldnt compare to other renderers, each renderer is different. I imported identical asset into Unity, UE4 and Unigine and results were little bit different for each engine. You have to tune visuals for particular engine.

demostenes, thanks for the info :) Just wanted to write the same thing. Also, the lightning parameters are clearly different on the screenshot.

bberteau

If it is possible, could you please send the original (uncompressed textures and model) assets, so our artists will take a look into it?

Thanks!

How to submit a good bug report
---
FTP server for test scenes and user uploads:

demostenes, Yes I also reduce my normal (the noises, the dimension, the values) and it's the same. I try to tune also the normal  in Unigine and rendering parameters but that dpn't solved my problem.

The angle of the light its the same (tweak it on quixel easily). I know it's not possible to have exactly the same render from but currently I have a big different render and it's not normal.

silent, I sent to you my original files.

bberteau

Thank you for the test model and texures.

Is it possible to get also a screenshot from Quixel, but without a diffuse texture assigned? Similar to that one: no_diffuse.png

Also, if you have an FBX or OBJ source of this model - could you please send it to us too? It will surely helpful in our investigation :)

Thank you!

---

bberteau

Thanks!

Could you please also create another screenshot (similar to the screenshot from the first post), but without a diffuse (or albedo). I'm deeply sorry for misleading you, but we need exactly the same part of the model to be visible and with exactly the same lightning.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

---

• 2 weeks later...

I also see in our projects, that the roughness setting does influence the shaded parts of an object pretty dramatically.

The normal texture is pretty delicate to work with. It is quite sensitive e.g. in scaling values.

Also be sure, that the colors do match your directions axis! (E.g. rendered from Maya you have to flip the R channel).

cheers.w.

bberteau

I think we've found the reason of such difference in shading. We've slightly modified diffuse BRDF calculation algorithm to produce more adequate results. This fix will be available with the next SDK update.

Screenshot will be added later to this post :)

---

Hello,

Sorry about my absence and thanks about your help. We check some parameters on Unigine and lighting rendering.

I going to test your "solution" :)

Ours high poly have general shape (with little hd details) and I put some details in quixel (normal, roughness, albedo etc)