Screen-space reflections are too glossy on Linux

photo

oJUh4pCl.png

I just started out with Unigine yesterday so I might be missing something, but I seem to be getting 100% glossy screenspace reflections on Linux. I set up all materials to write to the auxiliary buffer and added the vanilla screenspace reflections post effect shader to the Render stage. I'm using an AMD FX-8320 and an Nvidia Geforce GTX 780 with Unigine 2.0.1, kernel 3.19.0, glibc 2.21, proprietary driver 355.11 on an Ubuntu-based distribution. Can anyone reproduce? I'm going to pop on over to Windows and see if the same thing happens there.

Yep, same thing seems to be happening on Windows 10 as happened on Linux, with driver 358 on OpenGL and DirectX. I'm going to see if I can fix it but I can't make any promises.

Edit: Looks like it's not really an easy fix. Replacing the strictly glossy screenspace reflections with something that's more accurate would require a lot of engine knowledge that I haven't got.

Hi Spencer,

Yep, you are absolutely right. Screenspace reflections will be rewritten from scratch in Unigine 2.2 (or a little bit later). We will completely remove them in Unigine 2.1 (just forgot to do it in current release).

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

How to submit a good bug report
---
FTP server for test scenes and user uploads:

Thank you. It's good to hear that there are plans to improve this. One more question: I couldn't find a way to parallax-correct the environment maps using a projection mesh such as an axis-aligned bounding box, a sphere, or a simple handmade convex hull. Is there a way to do this out of the box, and if not are there plans to include such a feature in a later update?

Hi Spencer,

Parallax-correct environment maps are not available out of the box. And I'm afraid I don't have any information about adding this feature in the next SDK updates, sorry.

I will update this post in case if I will have more information.

Thanks!

How to submit a good bug report
---
FTP server for test scenes and user uploads: