fragment error c7505

photo

Hi i am wondering with i get the error "OpenGL does not allow swizzles of scalar expressions" on some custom shaders i am writing.... i know that OpenGL 4.2 supports swizzling on scalars, i was wondering what is the OpenGL version in Unigine? I am not actually using Unigine2 at the moment for this, since these are some custom materials i have developed and had nt time to transfer to the new version... i am using Sim 2014-04-10... do  you have any suggestions....?

and is there a way to see which line the error occurred????

what is the:

0(487) : error : error description  is the number some sort of indicator where the error happened....?

Hi Marinos,

I'm afraid, only OpenGL 4.0 is available in 2014-04-10 SDK. OpenGL 4.0+ support was added in Unigine 2.0 beta.

You can try to use your shader with latest Unigine 2.0 RC and check the difference. If there still will be errors, I'm afraid we will need to check a minimal test scene with this shader.

Thanks!

How to submit a good bug report
---
FTP server for test scenes and user uploads:

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Silent, I am currently in the midst of developing some demo samples so I ll be back in the forums topics where I owe you some answers after I present them....:D still have the issues with compiling manually with Scons like I have said in my email, but didn't have the time to follow up on that mail... but an answer provided I gave you enough clues would be appreciated deeply... right now I am running loads of my simulations on the fragment but I find transferring them to compute quite vital.... anyway that is off topic.... thnks again for your responses....