Fog and different light settings

photo

Hi there

Due the proposition from another post ('Fog and AA'), I started to implement the fog by means of the ObjectVolumeBox. As you can see, I get quite a usable result. But if I change to night time, the fog remains illuminated even if the surrounding is completely black.

Secondly, the lights of the integrated helicopter doesn't get attenuated by the fog. Do I have to change them or the fog?

Thanks in advance

post-1459-0-40409200-1408443322_thumb.jpg

post-1459-0-80249800-1408443344_thumb.jpg

Hi Silent

Yes, I checked the Valley demo as well. And if I use the same material parameters I get a comparable result. Please see the attached pictures.

Left, the night scene without fog. Right, the same scene with fog

Thanks a lot

post-1459-0-31228300-1408517819_thumb.jpg

post-1459-0-37881200-1408517825_thumb.jpg

Hi Renato,

Unfortunately, it is hard to tell what parameter caused such behavior. Is it possible to get simple test scene for reproduction (for example, with only small part of the terrain)? We need to check all the world and materials settings.

Thanks!

How to submit a good bug report
---
FTP server for test scenes and user uploads:

Hi Silent

I'm using the washington scenery as base and created a fog into it. Attached you can find the adjusted .world and .mat file from the test scenery. In both files, on the last lines you can find the fog specific stuff. Further the Cigi plugin is enabled and it receives the day time and the weather settings from our simulation host. Do you need any further file or information? If needed I could cut out a small piece of the washington scenery.

Thanks a lot for your extended help

washington.world

environment.mat

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Renato,

We've checked your scene, thanks for detailed description!

But if I change to night time, the fog remains illuminated even if the surrounding is completely black.

I'm afraid you need to change fog diffuse color separetely according to the current time (for example, set it to black at night and grey at the daylight). This can be easlly done with Tracker.

Secondly, the lights of the integrated helicopter doesn't get attenuated by the fog. Do I have to change them or the fog?

No quite sure that we completely understand what exactly you are trying to achieve. If we will look from ground level through the fog to the helicopter light it would be attenuated. Could you please provide a screenshot or detailed description about this issue?

Thanks!

How to submit a good bug report
---
FTP server for test scenes and user uploads: