what's the secret in the leaf material?

photo

the new leaf material is amazing, but I inspected the mesh in samples\materials\meshes\leaf_01.mesh, I found those tiny leaves mesh have 2 uv map, the second uv map is not actually for the UV coordinates.

So I managed to create this kind of tiny mesh for billboard leaves, but no success, my mesh won't face to camera. why? :lol:

So I managed to create this kind of tiny mesh for billboard leaves, but no success, my mesh won't face to camera. why? :lol:

small test case would be helpful for support

you can see this, this tree is dynamically read from speedtree's srt file, I've set the type of leaves to billboard, but all the leaf cards maintains its original orientation.

post-49-0-74616900-1292408113_thumb.jpg

you can see this, this tree is dynamically read from speedtree's srt file, I've set the type of leaves to billboard, but all the leaf cards maintains its original orientation.

can you post the test case for problem reproduction ?

Ah. That's a modified engine, we just brought the speedtree and I'm trying to intergrate it, currently ,I'm trying to use sdk to directly read the srt file into dynamic mesh, but i can not create this billboard leaves like the samples

Ah. That's a modified engine, we just brought the speedtree and I'm trying to intergrate it, currently ,I'm trying to use sdk to directly read the srt file into dynamic mesh, but i can not create this billboard leaves like the samples

Actually we already have SpeedTree integration sample. If you have a license for SpeedTree, we can provide it to you - contact me via email on that, binstream@unigine.com