[SOLVED] 3d max 2012 animation export, import (Smesh, Sanim)

photo

1. I exported skinned animation by max 2012, but I did not see the window below(figure1) what had showed up max 2010.

Is this becaus of the update?

2. By max 2012, the *.smesh and *.sanim were used well, but by max 2012 the scale of characters are 250 time larger than before and also smesh are rotated.

Do ypu know why this happened? (figure 2)

post-1046-0-72950400-1395317805_thumb.jpg

post-1046-0-78678600-1395317812_thumb.jpg

Hello,

Some additional information is needed.
Could you please send us screenshots with your export settings(Scale, Align etc.)?
Also your source model could help us to get to the root of the problem faster.

As for the export window with additional information, I'm afraid it is not supported in 3DS Max 2012 and later plugins.

Thanks!

Hello.

We use the 3dsmax 2014, exporting separate skinned mesh and animation file.

This is the way to do it much more efficient, as you have more likely one mesh with several animations.

It all depends on you SCALING and UNITs in 3dsmax.

I looked at your file: Your character MESH is scaled.

Maybe that's part of the issue.

cheers

post-767-0-96875500-1395393244_thumb.jpg

Hi kkflower,

It seems that the problem is in differencies in Unit setup. You can try to change Display Unit Scale in 3DS Max and use Exporter from Unigine Tools (Utilities tab in the right of the screen -> More -> UnigineTools) for exporting the model.
Scale value will be set automatically.

We'll pass this problem to our devs.

The other way to export the animation in case of any problems with 3Ds Max plugin is to do the following:

• export *.smesh with all animation frames from Max
  • open file in Resource Editor.
  • set the first and the last frame of animation you need to From and To fields
  • choose Save mesh to save animation as *.sanim file (Animation only function should be enabled)

Thanks for the model and detailed decriptions!