[SOLVED] Object Motion Blur

photo

Hi,

We have trouble recreating object motion blur.

We need:

1. motion_blur 1

2. a physics body assigned to mesh.

3. material on the surface/s to have velocity state set as default.

and... anything else?

no result

The way we have tried to use this is on a mesh (object we want blurred) as child of bone transform as child of smesh.

Thanks for any suggestions or help..

Thanks for your reply, Yes, I see it working in your build by other means.

I bring my mesh (eg, a box with body rigid assigned), smesh(animated bone) and set the mesh as child of animated bone in smesh using bone tranform into this example and it does not work. I set the velocity state on the material to default. I am wondering what I am missing.

Hi unclebob! You're back!

We are using only dx11. It is not the .smesh we want blurred this time, though this would also be useful.

It is the static mesh we want blurred(eg. A train that inherenit's motion from linking the .mesh to a bone in an .smesh.

I will prepare a scene as soon as I can.

Talk soon.

N.

• Like 1

Ok, so the problem is that you have object moving but it's rigid body is not moving at all. All you need to do is to tell that body proper velocities (probably, by using BodyRigid.setVelocityTransform function). I'm working on test sample now.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Hi there!

It seems I've answered directly to you, Steve. So the idea remained the same — you just need to pass proper velocities to the rigidbody and that's it.