alfa test qeusion

photo

Generally I have no problem with using alfa test, or alfa blend settings. But in this case, this feature does not work at all and I am out of ideas, what I am doing wrong.

For example banner with alfa test works. Also unigine sees my water texture OK. But in the scene there is no transparency with alfa test and very very weak transparency with alfa blend (src alfa, one minus src alfa).

What I am I doing wrong? Thanks.

post-714-0-35080800-1360449797_thumb.png

Hmm, I found the cause. Alfa test/blend works only with 100% black, not for example 99%. Which is interesting, because texture preview in material editor works in both cases. Of course drawback is, that i have very little control over the blending (nothing in between).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Jiri,

That's actually not the expected behaviour. Alfa test/blend works by a 50% threshold. Can you share a texture so we can test on our side?

I had the source texture in tif, so I tried to convert it to psd (i think i was using png before) and then with unigine dds converter and it behaves far better (but IMHO still not perfect). Anyway I uploaded it to your ftp as waterfall1.tif

demostenes,

We've tested your *.tif file and could not reproduce your issue. When exported to 32-bit *.tga (with alpha-channel), *.psd or *.dds (via imagedds tool) formats, alpha-testing is working fine. 

Could you describe in more detail what is troubling you?

tga_32bit.png

rgba_psd.png

psd_rgba_1.jpg

tga_rgba.jpg

How to submit a good bug report
---
FTP server for test scenes and user uploads: